• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told 6-7 classes out for me. Possibly late summer, possibly fall, possibly later. I'm a 19JUN pooldate. It sounds like they have a rough classdate plan, but nothing set in stone. All pending higher-up approval, of course

Standby to standby. ....And don't quit your day job.

I was told 6-7 classes out for me. Possibly late summer, possibly fall, possibly later. I'm a 19JUN pooldate. It sounds like they have a rough classdate plan, but nothing set in stone. All pending higher-up approval, of course

Standby to standby. ....And don't quit your day job.

I talk to the peeps in the PD today. I am a Aug 14
poolie, and it looks like it will be first of 2009 for class.

I talked to the PD today as well. They mentioned (nothing comfirmed...) 1 class in Feb, & 1 in March. Nothing confirmed was emphasized. No dates. They are waiting to hear what the 130 something guys reaching 60 this year are going to do...

I'm still treading water and can't wait to get into a class......

Anybody here NOT willing to wait a year or more for a class date? If I was standing in line at a theme park, the sign next to my spot would say "Wait is 1 year from this point."

SWA is my number 1 choice and I'm able to get by with an AF reserve job, but I can't help but wonder if I should be putting out apps to the other airlines.

Back to swimming...

Anybody here NOT willing to wait a year or more for a class date? If I was standing in line at a theme park, the sign next to my spot would say "Wait is 1 year from this point."

SWA is my number 1 choice and I'm able to get by with an AF reserve job, but I can't help but wonder if I should be putting out apps to the other airlines.

Back to swimming...

(possible blasphamy)

You know, you COULD go somewhere else. And then--when SWA did call--decide if you liked your new gig or if would be better to move on to SWA.

Airlines don't pay year 1 pay because they hate you. (although some appear to....) They do it because they know folks move around. I know some dudes who will have 14 months of seniority or so by the time they get the call from SWA...and they may decide to pass. Other folks will punt where they are and be there in a heartbeat.

Just my take. Not the nicest thing to do in the world to a potential employer, but I think of it as an opportunity to test drive other gigs. You might even like it...

(possible blasphamy)

You know, you COULD go somewhere else. And then--when SWA did call--decide if you liked your new gig or if would be better to move on to SWA.

Airlines don't pay year 1 pay because they hate you. (although some appear to....) They do it because they know folks move around. I know some dudes who will have 14 months of seniority or so by the time they get the call from SWA...and they may decide to pass. Other folks will punt where they are and be there in a heartbeat.

Just my take. Not the nicest thing to do in the world to a potential employer, but I think of it as an opportunity to test drive other gigs. You might even like it...

Albie makes a very good point. I've been in the pool since May. I retired from the AF in Aug, got a good job w/decent pay for now and continue to look for other opportunities. I've passed on one good offer in the corporate world (didn't want that location for my family), but continue to look for others.

In short, use the time to look around to see what else is out there. You never know--you might find something you like.

Latest resources

Back