• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The poolie-letter accompanying the current LuvLines says WN will train its rehires in April, with maybe a few shallow-end poolies filling the classes. It then goes on to say no new classes until early fall, then steady training through the end of the year. WN predicts 150-200 hired for 2008.

Continued good luck to all in the pool.

How many a/c are they taking delivery of in 2009?

Doesn't really matter as they are shedding an indefinite number of aircraft at the same time and no one seems to know what the net will be. A stone cold guess is as good as any with all that is going on this year...sorry dude.

The poolie-letter accompanying the current LuvLines says WN will train its rehires in April, with maybe a few shallow-end poolies filling the classes. It then goes on to say no new classes until early fall, then steady training through the end of the year. WN predicts 150-200 hired for 2008.

Continued good luck to all in the pool.

You better be careful posting something like that, jke406 and a few others will accuse you of drinking too much kool-aid...

SLC
:cool:

More info...

Heard from 2 very reliable sources (Capt Upgrade and Chief Pilot) that SWA really only expects a handful i.e. not all 40 some of the 60+ guys to go thru with everything for training. Maybe 10 give or take a few. BUT, they still are planning on 3 classes in April, so maybe some poolies will start to dry off! PD told me to call on 15 Mar. I'll let you know what they say.

Latest resources

Back