• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
958 posts ago, this thread was meant to keep the poolies informed on class dates, etc. There's nothing wrong with being anxious and optimistic at the same time. I admit I am one of those folks.

900 posts ago, I was the anitchrist for trying to inject some reality into the dialog, and Tanker Clown was a buffoon.

Now, I am in the pool mainstream for injecting reality into the dialog...and Tanker Clown is still a buffoon.

No- you still have a negative slant that few appreciate. I can hear the info w/o the drama involved. There have been pools before- there will be pools later- It's not that southwest hasn't faced challenges before- it's that they have the employee groups to handle them. Stay even-keeled and your swim will go a lot better. So will your career. Think Big-Picture- don't sweat the details.

Last edited:
it's all relative brother- growing up in darfur right now sucks...Being female and having a mustache sucks- being turned down and having to wait a year to re-apply to find out the pool of people they DID hire will be > a year- that sucks more than being in the pool... How about a friend of mine that got furloughed every time he had just upgraded- 3 times- 3 types- 345 hours PIC- not even qualified for airtran- yet every bit as good as me...
just chillax a bit- you're lucky and good-= staying up on every curveball the airlines throw at you will make you retarded... I don't like kool-aid anymore than you- i just don't automatically call my sit negative b/c of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the promotion...but I don't think O-6 will be in the cards. I'm more fond of my family than I am my job.

Actually its more like E-1....
I heard the colonel is screaming you forgot the paper with his morning coffee!
Run along now, plenty of pencils to be sharpened!:laugh:

Any thoughts on how this probable merger of NWA and Delta will affect SWA? It seems that these two companies operate domestically in different regions than SWA, and the merger wouldn’t adversely affect them too much.

I really want to hear someone put a positive spin on it that results in all the poolies being hired by July! My kool-aide is running low.

Any thoughts on how this probable merger of NWA and Delta will affect SWA? It seems that these two companies operate domestically in different regions than SWA, and the merger wouldn’t adversely affect them too much.

I really want to hear someone put a positive spin on it that results in all the poolies being hired by July! My kool-aide is running low.

Just be glad that you aren't a DAL/NWA merger kool-aide drinker. Someone pooped in that kool-aide. Looks like that one's dead for now. Maybe SWA will buy Delta now.

Heard today that the only hiring for remainder of 2008 will be the retreads.

Expect to drain the pool, plus some, in 2009.

Heard today that the only hiring for remainder of 2008 will be the retreads.

Expect to drain the pool, plus some, in 2009.

40 something retreads + the 36 from the Jan & Feb classes totals 76. A net growth of 7 jets. 11 pilots per jet = 77 newhires. Looks like that's it for now.

That's it.... barring future news.... Guys - they weren't dumb when they interviewed you... but things change- and guess what- when they change for the better- it'll happen just as quick-
Even-keel, brethren, Even-keel.

Latest resources

Back