• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man that is a long time! I don't feel as bad.

There were about 250 people in the pool back then, many of them were well over 2 years waiting for a class date (I was 26 months as well).

Age 65 was our latest 911, you've got to keep all of your options because your wait could easily end up being just as long.

FJ

There were about 250 people in the pool back then, many of them were well over 2 years waiting for a class date (I was 26 months as well).

Age 65 was our latest 911, you've got to keep all of your options because your wait could easily end up being just as long.

FJ

Well I am at a good job now, but WN has always been my goal. Are you at FDX or SWA?

FedEx. My fallback plan became my primary plan, and I had too much invested here to go once the call for the class finally came. Very tough decision, I'll let you know in 13 (ah crud, now maybe 18) years how it turns out.

FJ

FedEx. My fallback plan became my primary plan, and I had too much invested here to go once the call for the class finally came. Very tough decision, I'll let you know in 13 (ah crud, now maybe 18) years how it turns out.

FJ

I bet it was a tough decision. I just hope the PD dosen't put some of the retired guys in front of the poolies. It would be like, ''Where's the LUV man!''

I bet it was a tough decision. I just hope the PD dosen't put some of the retired guys in front of the poolies. It would be like, ''Where's the LUV man!''

I thought that was a done deal. I thought they were going to the front of the line. I wouldn't sweat it though. 4 or 5 years from now you'll get a seniority bump (if they haven't changed the age to 70).

Jke406-----You are a pretty positive guy--I bet you have alot of friends. Thanks for all the great info and support.

I'm trying to be realistic, not have my head burried in 10 feet of sand like many poolies here.

realism is in short supply on this thread (with the exception of Tanker Clown, who seems to be dead on).

sure, blame the messenger. won't change the truth.

A quote from the union president's blog. Don't shoot the messenger.

"As of now, the Company would like to select successful interviewees and consolidate them into one or two classes. The retired pilots are moving to the front of the line for interviews and hiring based on our conversations with Flight Ops. You’re probably asking what SWAPA’s position is. Hiring is none of our business but we have stated several times that we would like to see the best new hire pilots that the market has to offer."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back