• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe if you could let go of them he could!

Go log in as General Lee. Your posts are at least quasi-useful when your're posting with that screen name. Or you could try JMoney, Scope Out RJs, Heavy Set, Marge, or any of your other screen names.

Psycho.

Go log in as General Lee. Your posts are at least quasi-useful when your're posting with that screen name. Or you could try JMoney, Scope Out RJs, Heavy Set, Marge, or any of your other screen names.

Psycho.
Wait, I thought you were scope out rj's, heavy set, and jmoney?
Troll!

5 jets is 55 newhires. I don't want to start a riot but I'd guess less than 100 newhires this year. I've seen 180 posted from the union but I just don't see how the math works.

Sucks for all involved.

Gup

From the earnings conference call today, 29 aircraft deliveries with 22 aircraft lease returns/aircraft sales for a net aircraft increase of 7 for 2008. The part I couldn't believe was that most of the 22 returns/sales are 737-700's. I would have though the older -300's would have been gone, but I guess the -700's have more release/resale value around the world.

I wouldn't see how 7 aircraft would need 180 more pilots, but there probably is a little attrition to Fedex/UPS and a few retirements/medical outs.

From the earnings conference call today, 29 aircraft deliveries with 22 aircraft lease returns/aircraft sales for a net aircraft increase of 7 for 2008. The part I couldn't believe was that most of the 22 returns/sales are 737-700's. I would have though the older -300's would have been gone, but I guess the -700's have more release/resale value around the world.

I wouldn't see how 7 aircraft would need 180 more pilots, but there probably is a little attrition to Fedex/UPS and a few retirements/medical outs.

Supposedly sold the two "Ford" Airplanes for a profit (although they are still online as of 1/22), Cost more to convert them to SW config then what they made on the open market! It's called "Smart Money"
KBB

From what a Mech recently told me SWA started a new maintenance program. This new program required 7 less aircraft to be going through the maintenance cycle at any one time. So this is the gets 7 more aircraft available for flying. So 7 less aircraft in maintenance and 7 new aircraft means you have to crew 14 more airplanes.

Plus a few upgrades here and there.

Latest resources

Back