• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must not know any attorneys. There doesn't really have to be grounds, that's up to a judge. Litigation now a days is a feakin free for all...Not an attorney myself, I think a discrimination suit would fit the bill.... I'm sure Tanker Clown in his infinite wisdom will have the answer......he seems to know everything and can even predict the future!!!

I'd sue! Nothing says I'm glad to be part of the company like a lawsuit.

Got some bad news, Feb class is cancelled.

First let me apologize if this topic has already been dicussed on this thread but I didn't have the time to read all 44 pages of posts before I wanted to ask this question.

Secondly, please don't think I'm trying to toss a grenade into a pool with a bunch a peacefully swimming "swimmers" - but here goes.

Has anyone thought what the affects on the poolies will be when (because I think it is only a matter of time) SW merges with another airline. Recent legislation in DC has been inacted that protects the careers of both merging airlines' (or buy out if the case may be) employees. The "staple" concept is totally gone as an allowable method of integration, therefore one would have to conclude that all the current pilots on both lists would be fairly integrated.

Has anyone broached that subject with the PD in Dallas?

Just curious.

Thanks and good luck getting out of the pool and into the game.

First I think SWA wouldn't merge w/ anyone, they could acquire them. They won't want to mess up their corporate culture.
Secondly, and someone at SWA can correct me or add details, I think they have bought 2 airline in the past and I believe the first one they just made the deal an acquisition of the assets, not the people, and thence interviewed and hired who they wanted from that company.
Takers???

I'd sue! Nothing says I'm glad to be part of the company like a lawsuit.

Got some bad news, Feb class is cancelled.

Do you feel pretty confident about that class getting cancelled? Just curious, because thats not what I was told. By the way Tanker, you're like the Grim Reaper on this thread. When I see your name, I know its going to be bad news. From what I've seen, your info is always accurate... Its just never good news.

First I think SWA wouldn't merge w/ anyone, they could acquire them.
For purposes of the new legislation, those semantics don't really matter. Unless SWA is just picking up a few spare assets, then they'll have to comply with the new law and with labor agreements at the acquired carrier. They won't be able to get away with any sort of "staple."

Do you feel pretty confident about that class getting cancelled? Just curious, because thats not what I was told. By the way Tanker, you're like the Grim Reaper on this thread. When I see your name, I know its going to be bad news. From what I've seen, your info is always accurate... Its just never good news.

I'm just telling you what my friend told me. I don't think I've heard of any calls going out for Feb. They need a month to get a class going and we're a third thru Jan. Each day that goes by makes a Feb class less likely. Hope March is a go.

I'm just telling you what my friend told me. I don't think I've heard of any calls going out for Feb. They need a month to get a class going and we're a third thru Jan. Each day that goes by makes a Feb class less likely. Hope March is a go.

you are correct. Still hoping for Feb class though. I hope we all hear something sooner rather than later.

Anyone who's in the 9 Jan...we look foward to any intel you get. Good luck and congrats! Hopefully it is promising news. . .

Anyone who's in the 9 Jan...we look foward to any intel you get. Good luck and congrats! Hopefully it is promising news. . .

I've never seen a sorrier bunch of kool-aid drinking sycophants than I've seen on this thread.

SWA is a BUSINESS. you are nothing more than a COST UNIT (or you would be, if you were even on the property yet). perhaps when (or if) you get a class date and are around for contract negotiations, you will realize the only difference between SWA and any other major is that your airplane looks like a corn dog.

this is a BUSINESS, people, and despite the naive, whiny dribble you post here (is it going to get you a class any quicker?) at the end of the day SWA is a BUSINESS.

don't flip me any sheepsh!t about "culture," either. how is "culture" paying your cable bill while you're in the pool?

Last edited:
I've never seen a sorrier bunch of kool-aid drinking sycophants as I've seen on this thread.

SWA is a BUSINESS. you are nothing more than a COST UNIT. perhaps when (or if) you get a class date and are around for contract negotiations, you will realize the only difference between SWA and any other major is that your (single, solitary) airplane looks like a corn dog.

this is a BUSINESS, people, and despite the naive, whiny dribble you post here (is it going to get you a class any quicker?) at the end of the day SWA is a BUSINESS.

don't flip me any sheepsh!t about "culture," either. how is "culture" paying your cable bill while you're in the pool?

Nice attitude 406. You'll never have the Southwest spirit. I hope you never get hired at Southwest. I think you could ruin a dream job for me. Go with that NWA offer so you can get furloughed when DAL buys them.

Latest resources

Back