• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not what PD told me today. They are still waiting for official word of the dates, but are planning for one class in Feb and possibly two in Mar (I had to ask twice).

That's the word as of today. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

A month ago there were supposed to be 3 classes in January.

On another note, my buddy had heard that the plan with the over 60 retired guys was to reinterview. Apparently, some won't be welcomed back. The ones they do want back will come in mixed with the poolies. He said that it will go 2 poolies then a retired guy and so on. So, if they bring on 150 guys this year then 100 would be poolies and 50 (supposing they had this many) retired guys.

boy they must really want to come back, if they are willing to take first year pay, then sit reserve at OAK forever!!!

SWA put out an internal press release stating that any retired pilots wanting to come back will have to re-interview, when SWA starts interviewing again. Have they changed or amended that release?

An ancient monster that lived 10,000,000 yrs ago when the fight for age 70 started. Flinstone and Rubble started it against Mr. Slate. Those troublemakers.

SWA put out an internal press release stating that any retired pilots wanting to come back will have to re-interview, when SWA starts interviewing again. Have they changed or amended that release?

Senio, do you have a copy of that press release? The only thing I got from PD on that matter (yesterday) was that management was still in discussions about what to do with any over-60 guys asking to come back. They were still trying to get a better feel of how many would be asking to come back.

Senio, do you have a copy of that press release? The only thing I got from PD on that matter (yesterday) was that management was still in discussions about what to do with any over-60 guys asking to come back. They were still trying to get a better feel of how many would be asking to come back.

It was on SWAlife a week or so ago. It should still be there if you scroll down a bit. Hang in there poolies, we know the wait is long but it WILL be worth it in the end.

This is the plus side of not interviewing anyone right now. Age 65 is closer each day they wake up.

Latest resources

Back