• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many negative changes here...severe punishment, weird policies, but mostly an extremely negative slant from management against ALL labor groups. There are many grievances either in work or recently won against management lately...not sure what is up with that, but this place aint what it was even a year ago

This isn't good news at all.

Remember the above comments are part of a two way street. A good number of people here have NO IDEA how good they have had it and are screwing it up in a few minor ways for the majority. The only way this company or any other will be "as good as it was back then" is for the employees (both mgmt AND labor) to take ownership and ensure that it does not turn into just another airline. When the finger pointing starts, it all goes south. Fast! Change is good but it can be a bitch. Do NOT believe everything you read on here. Having said that, I do agree (albeit mildly) with Gup and Daddy. The kicker is reading through the alarmist slant and realize that nothing as fluid as an airline in the U.S. will just stay the same year in and year out. Adaptability and the ability to not take ourselves too seriously have made SWA what they were and what they will be. To those of you already on the property I would say if you see something you don't like, get to work changing it and come armed with a solution. To those of you on the way, it is a phenomenal place to work and has only gotten better since I started. Just my $.02

Q/F

Last edited:
Remember the above comments are part of a two way street. A good number of people here have NO IDEA how good they have had it and are screwing it up in a few minor ways for the majority. The only way this company or any other will be "as good as it was back then" is for the employees (both mgmt AND labor) to take ownership and ensure that it does not turn into just another airline. When the finger pointing starts, it all goes south. Fast! Change is good but it can be a bitch. Do NOT believe everything you read on here. Having said that, I do agree (albeit mildly) with Gup and Daddy. The kicker is reading through the alarmist slant and realize that nothing as fluid as an airline in the U.S. will just stay the same year in and year out. Adaptability and the ability to not take ourselves too seriously have made SWA what they were and what they will be. To those of you already on the property I would say if you see something you don't like, get to work changing it and come armed with a solution. To those of you on the way, it is a phenomenal place to work and has only gotten better since I started. Just my $.02

Q/F

Well said. I'm still happy here.:D

Remember, for a lot of the folks at SWA, this is their first airline. It's all relative, and as far as an airline job goes this is still a great place to work.

Do you guys work for the same airline I do? How long have you been here?

I've been here almost 8. It was "da bomb" when I got here. Not a day went by when somebody didn't do something nice to/for another employee.

The past year I have REALLY seen changes. Then the past 6 weeks have been miserable. I've basically been told I'm last in every aspect. When your airline makes the ops agents sign confidentiality agreements and tells them to tell commuters that don't agree with our new policy "you chose to commute" and "it's not YOUR jumpseat, it's the companies" there is a problem.

I'm not a first grader. I've been told not to nonrev when I'm sick. I don't need Colleen "reminding" me.

I'm all about WN pilots flying WN flights. I don't need codeshare partners to fly intl. because "we don't have the knowledge" to do it.

Now we've got the company telling me to show my Southwest spirit by continuing to help push wheelchairs - just be sure I come back up and board with the "C" group. You're serious, right?

I've got CSA's that won't call down the jetway and ask the ops agent to let me run on 5 minutes prior to push.

Flight attendants don't call or come up to visit anymore.

Folks, this place is a shell of what it was just 8 years ago. I'm not impressed with the direction we're pointing.

--- and for you guys to tell me to buck up? You're more resiliant than I. I'm getting tired. I'm not going to quit but I'm not going the extra mile anymore.

When we become like United, which by my clock ought to be by next summer, you can blame it on me.

I'll leave it to my brothers to cheer you up about how great this place is cause I'm outta koolaid.

Gup

I've been here almost 8. It was "da bomb" when I got here. Not a day went by when somebody didn't do something nice to/for another employee.

The past year I have REALLY seen changes. Then the past 6 weeks have been miserable. I've basically been told I'm last in every aspect. When your airline makes the ops agents sign confidentiality agreements and tells them to tell commuters that don't agree with our new policy "you chose to commute" and "it's not YOUR jumpseat, it's the companies" there is a problem.

I'm not a first grader. I've been told not to nonrev when I'm sick. I don't need Colleen "reminding" me.

I'm all about WN pilots flying WN flights. I don't need codeshare partners to fly intl. because "we don't have the knowledge" to do it.

Now we've got the company telling me to show my Southwest spirit by continuing to help push wheelchairs - just be sure I come back up and board with the "C" group. You're serious, right?

I've got CSA's that won't call down the jetway and ask the ops agent to let me run on 5 minutes prior to push.

Folks, this place is a shell of what it was just 8 years ago. I'm not impressed with the direction we're pointing.

--- and for you guys to tell me to buck up? You're more resiliant than I. I'm getting tired. I'm not going to quit but I'm not going the extra mile anymore.

When we become like United, which by my clock ought to be by next summer, you can blame it on me.

I'll leave it to my brothers to cheer you up about how great this place is cause I'm outta koolaid.

Gup

Man...sounds pretty sh!tty. You should quit. Sounds like you'll never be happy again. The good news is, Delta is hiring. You can go throw gear for the General.

BTW, I'd love to have your spot right now. My current employer won't even let me quit my job.

When your airline makes the ops agents sign confidentiality agreements and tells them to tell commuters that don't agree with our new policy "you chose to commute" and "it's not YOUR jumpseat, it's the companies" there is a problem.

What's changed? You get a jumpseat form and you preboard. The captain tells you to grab a seat in the back.

Good for you. Apparently, some people do need reminding. Big deal.

Again, be one of the first two SWA guys to sign up for the j/s and preboard...like we've always done.

From what I've been told, they're instructed not to call us. Apparently it's in their FOM.

What are you doing to change it?

Have you ever worked for United?

Last edited:

Gup

Dude, you clearly did not come from regional pond scum like many of us have. Get furloughed, bounced to the right seat, then ******************** on with a piss contract and zero quality of life and call me back. I'm only a poolie; but let me tell you brother it's better there than here..................Sit on a Continental jumpseat and reevaluate!!!

Gup

Gup.

I have been here for four years. I also have three other uniforms in my closet. How many do you have in your closet. That is a better measure of understanding if SWA is doing OK. Trust me, we are doing just fine. I do agree things are changing, but if all we have to do is complain about the js (I am a commuter), then we are pretty damn lucky!! Just get to the counter early enough to get one of the first two spots...remember, the policy has not changed...it is just getting enforced. Could it be better? Yep...but.

Latest resources

Back