• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can any one tell me how long it would take to hold a line or reserve at Dal or Hou?f

For June the most junior DAL FO is a 02/07/07 DOH. HOU is a 08/22/07 DOH. It will take a little while to hold either, however, as LAS should be fully staffed later this summer, who knows which bases will see the growth during the remainder of the year.

For June the most junior DAL FO is a 02/07/07 DOH. HOU is a 08/22/07 DOH. It will take a little while to hold either, however, as LAS should be fully staffed later this summer, who knows which bases will see the growth during the remainder of the year.

I should be on property around this summer. It sounds like a year to two years to hold a line in hou or dal?

I should be on property around this summer. It sounds like a year to two years to hold a line in hou or dal?

Texman, That sounds about right (on the conservative side). Guys in my class were told 18mos to 2 yrs for DAL (summer of '06), however, with the change to the Wright Amnd. in '06 things changed fast for DAL and guys were getting in around 8 mos. Change is the only inevitable. Tell yourself a couple of years, and you will be happy when it is shorter.:)

Welcome in advance to LUV :beer:

What's the schedule for class once you arrive? I read the old New Hire Info thread, but didn't find all the answers I am looking for.
How long is ground school? How long in the sim? About how long from start of class to IOE?
I'm probably looking at the June 25 class, so it's rapidly approaching!
Just got back from training so here's how it goes: 4 weeks of ground school (1st two/three days are fun and good info with your spouse & family), then 2 weeks of SIMs. After checkride, you have a LOFT in the -300 SIM then approx. 4-5 days off to get home, get your stuff together and then it's off to IOE. Then they have to give you 4 days off (you can call and fly if you want to), then you either finish the month flying lines or if you are like me and your IOE is at the end of the month, the following month just starts your one month of hard line flying---they want you to get those 100 hrs ASAP.!!! Training was fun, though busy and it feels great to be done.....good news about all of the upcoming classes. Good luck to all and when you get there, just remember these four things: (1)Memory Items/Limitations (2)Flows (3)Callouts (4)Profiles IN THAT ORDER! --Good luck to you all!

Just got the call tonight, Had a great cigar and Irish whiskey, and a little cake to celebrate.

Name-----------------Pool Date-----Class Date
1.SW Poolie---------------6/16/07-------5/28/08
MJG-----------------------6/17/07-------5/28/08
SW Poolie-----------------6/17/07-------5/28/08
SW Poolie-----------------6/17/07-------5/28/08
Uplift----------------------6/18/07-------5/28/08
RogerMOSA----------------6/19/07-------5/28/08
Nutts----------------------6/19/07-------5/28/08
sf340dvr-------------------6/20/07-------5/28/08
Chellsha-------------------6/20/07-------5/28/08
Senio101------------------6/20/07-------5/28/08
10.Bluto13----------------6/21/07-------
ofacegangsta--------------6/21/07-------5/28/08
2jet-----------------------6/21/07-------
Rosie----------------------6/21/07-------
Flybigsky------------------6/22/07--------5/28/08
SW Poolie-----------------6/22/07-------
SW Poolie-----------------6/24/07-------6/04/08
Sundevil-------------------6/26/07-------6/04/08
BOZO---------------------6/26/07-------
Beech Balls----------------6/27/07-------6/04/08
20.b727fe-----------------6/28/07-------6/04/08
SWPoolie (DDP)------------6/30/07-------6/04/08
SWPoolie (RM)-------------6/30/07-------6/04/08
TXDanno------------------7/01/07-------6/04/08
DesertDuck-----------------7/07/07------6/04/08
SW Poolie(SF)--------------7/08/07------6/04/08
Bayou Bengal---------------7/10/07------
beechbumn-----------------7/10/07------
SW Poolie (SG)-------------7/10/07-------
OMNIDC10FO---------------7/12/07-------
30.50Pesos----------------7/12/07-------6/18/08
SW Poolie------------------7/14/07------
Califlyer--------------------7/15/07-------
WNC Flyer------------------7/16/07-------
PJF-------------------------7/17/07-------
SWPoolie(CF)---------------7/17/07-------
JBFlies---------------------7/17/07-------
SWPoolie-------------------7/17/07--------
Jdru25----------------------7/17/07-------
SwPoolie(JW)---------------7/18/07--------
40.U2drvr-------------------7/19/07--------
cvr104----------------------7/19/07-------
skypine69-------------------7/22/07--------
SWPoolie--------------------7/23/07--------
Tristarpilot------------------7/24/07---------
Pandasfly--------------------7/25/07--------
Inigo Mentoya---------------7/29/07--------
SW Poolie-------------------8/05/07--------
Ghettobeechjet--------------8/05/07--------
Island Driver ----------------8/05/07--------
50.SW Poolie----------------8/12/07--------
Huge----------------------- 8/14/07--------
Texman---------------------8/14/07--------
Sabregirl--------------------8/15/07--------
DT--------------------------8/17/07--------
gradywhite------------------8/20/07--------
srv141----------------------9/16/07--------
Mickey D--------------------9/28/07--------
SW Poolie-------------------9/28/07--------
showboats------------------9/30/07--------
60.hyeflyin------------------9/30/07--------
ARJLVR----------------------10/6/07--------
Snake----------------------12-1(ish)-07--

I wouldn't listen much to Perfect10...he was a punk to deal with in training. Hahaha. just kidding.

What he said is totally on. Your schedule may vary some now that they could have 3 classes in there at once, but expect it to be fast-paced.

Here is my list of pointers......

~Remember to bring a flashlight!

~If at the Holiday Inn - Reset your hotel key when you get done with class on Tuesday before you head up to your room because they reset every week at that time. Happy hour every day from 5-6pm, great timing for some free veggies and beer after class. The 1-2-3 rule sticks after that. The van takes you anywhere within 5 miles and is on-demand. Try to go eat at Gloria's (salvadorian food) or Big Al's BBQ. There is a Kroger and Whole Foods nearby. A Quick Trip is right next door for convenient items. Laundry is $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry and you reserve the laundry room at the front desk. Workout room is decent.

~ Bring some scotch tape to put your panel diagrams on the wall.

~ Bring some deposit slips from your bank with you to deposit your first paycheck. Some people's banks were slow to setup the direct deposit.

~ Bring some pairs of jeans to be comfortable in training. It's a must for those long days!

~ Consider splitting a rental car with some others in class to give yourself a chance to venture out. Waiting for the hotel van gets old after about a week especially when other classes are there too.

~ Don't study anything except what SWA gives you. Keep in mind, SWA does things completely different than the rest of the industry. They will send you a package when you get your classdate full of panels, memory items, flows, systems CD-Rom, etc. It is ALL you need. Look it over a few times but don't stress out before you get to DAL. It will all be engraved in you by the time you take your checkride.

~ www.b737cards.com, and www.pass737.com have the best set of flashcards made by SWA pilots.

~ You are required to do 4 jumpseat observations before you start your FTD training. DO NOT go out there the first weekend and do them (like you will see others do). You won't have a clue what is going on and it doesn't do you any good. Remember, it doesn't need to be turned in until after ALL of your ground school is done. Plenty of time. Get some knowledge of the plane and the flows before you do them. DAL-HOU, SAT, AUS were popular picks.

~ Go to the deck parties at the headquarters building on Fridays at 5pm. Great time!

~ Avoid too many carbs (pasta, rice, etc) during lunch time. You will regret it come 2pm while watching videos on LNAV programming. Instant oatmeal packets or powerbars are good to have for mornings.

~ You are allowed to checkout an FTD/CPT trainer twice a week for practice. Again, don't go crazy and sign it out immediately. You aren't able to fly it (takeoff) without an instructor, so you can only really practice some flows. Wait to get some knowledge of the FOM first so that you don't go in there and develop your own bad habits. Then go in and use it to familiarize with the FMC/OPC, lights, etc.

~ Bring your headset for when you do LOFT. It is the very last thing you do before you leave DAL after your checkride. Remember it must be FAA TSO-Approved if ANR.

~ Throw the next class a good party, keep the tradition going!

~ Spouses/Significant others are invited to be with you for the first two days. The first day you will meet several guest speakers and take a picture with your SW wings. Benefits will be looked at also. Lunch is usually catered in from The Landing the first two days. Dress for the spouses on day one is business casual and day two is casual (walking shoes needed!). They will be walking all over SWA campus and then taking a bus to go see the DAL crew base. They will send your spouse a positive space ticket both ways and some of them left on day two after class depending on flight schedules.

~ You are issued your SWA I.D. on day two and CASS is activated quickly also.

Well those are the big items I can remember, I will post more later if I come up with more!

CONGRATS again, you will LUV it here!

Latest resources

Back