• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You aren't lying Tanker. Time to fire whoever the heck is giving you your information.

Like TankerClown said on 2/18/08:

"I would imagine, that there probably won't be anyone else from the pool called this year."

Last edited:
Historically speaking SWA has always charged ahead in rough times. Anyone smarter than myself care to shed light on if SWA plans to capitalize on Skybus going out of business, all legacy carriers reducing domestic capacity, and possibly going after Virgin Amer.? and what that would mean for class dates and draining the pool?

Historically speaking SWA has always charged ahead in rough times. Anyone smarter than myself care to shed light on if SWA plans to capitalize on Skybus going out of business, all legacy carriers reducing domestic capacity, and possibly going after Virgin Amer.? and what that would mean for class dates and draining the pool?

WOW!!

what's "wow" mean?

You think that southwest went into SFO to compete w/ UAL and AA? No -- maybe they're going after Cathay? They're there for virgin.

Those commercials about the nickel and diming for services-- think those were aimed at legacies who charge for snack boxes or at Skybus for charging for checked bags? WN competes w/ LCC's

It's a fair question- i would guess it's good for southwest overall- but it really sucks for aloha and ata pilots. Those were good careers for a long time. skybus... well employees there knew they were taking a pretty big risk... cmh-st augustine? w/ stairs on a ramp...

It's unfortunate it is cut-throat business, however, the thought process goes back a long way. I realize it may be hard to talk about business in this way especially when fellow employees and families are enduring hardships. I am still interested in the business mindset of SWA and their business plans in such a volatile state of the industry?

BE200 is right. If you look at the history of SWA, they usually pounce on any opportunity they see to grow domestically. The two cities that come to mind are BNA and STL when AA cut back.

I'm more interested to see how SWA reacts to a DL/NW merger....

Time will tell.

Alittle off the topic, but I have been trying to find if Southwest has a training pay or is it the first year pay times the guarantee for the month, can anybody shed any light on this

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back