Swa Pool 2

THEPRFCT10

Throttle to Thrust Lever!
Total Time
2500+
Since the original thread was getting way too long and turned into a bashing thread and boxing cage between several members, I decided to start a new one: SWA POOL II....again, if you want to bash, go somewhere else, but if you have info that is relevant to us poolies, then welcome. As I mentioned on the 'other' thread, I will post what I hear when I speak with the PD next week. Good luck to all of us waiting.

THEPRFCT10

Total Time
2500+
Uh....no

Just trying to keep this stuff informative like it was meant to be.

cherry20's

Registered FI Abuser
Total Time
Here we go again!

Tanker Clown

KC-10 IP
Total Time
1700+
On www.airlinepilotforums.com there is a post saying that there are 3 classes of 24 in April. The first class and part of the second is retreads.

Take it for what it's worth...it's coming from a pilot message board.....but then again, if you are reading this, than you probably get your "news" from the Enquirer.

huronip

On www.airlinepilotforums.com there is a post saying that there are 3 classes of 24 in April. The first class and part of the second is retreads.

Take it for what it's worth...it's coming from a pilot message board.....but then again, if you are reading this, than you probably get your "news" from the Enquirer.
There was a memo in all of the PHX pilots mailboxes yesterday stating that there will be 3 classes in April with 24 in each. The dates are the 2nd, 9th and 23rd. The first class and part of the second class will be retiree's that have been rehired. It didn't say how many of the retired folks had been hired back.

I also "heard" that they are supposed to find out in the next week or so, which would make sense if they are starting class on the 2nd.

zippy32

Total Time
Yes
3 classes of 24 each was confirmed from the VP of Flight Ops at the training center today.

THEPRFCT10

Total Time
2500+
now the big question: how many returning 60+ guys will there actually be?!

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
Hiring from pool. Southwest's last class for a few months is planned for April. Class will be mostly retired captains returning with possibly a few folks from the pool. 2007 hiring pool still has roughly 300+ sitting in it. No new "hiring pool" class start dates until early fall.

VoidFighter

SWA Poolie
Total Time
enough
SplitBar--you've got old news... 3 Classes of 24 = 72 in April. SWA only had 45ish retires re-aply so even if all come back, there will be a lot of "poolies" drying off. I think the number of retreads will be much less then 40 so we shall see. I've got my eye on a towel, hoping to dry off. We'll see.

WNC Flyer

Total Time
Have any poolies been contacted for the drug test? Isn't that a good indicator that you are within six months of starting class?

Zdriver

Total Time
For what its worth, friend in last class didn't get sent for the drug test again untill he was given the class date.

GFunk20

Total Time
No one seems to know how many made it past the DB yet. Should be interesting to hear!

Matrix

Total Time
6000++
No one seems to know how many made it past the DB yet. Should be interesting to hear!
Decision Board met yesterday.
I can only give you a range...it is 23 - 28 rehires offered positions out of the 46.

GFunk20

Total Time
Wow that is a lot less than I thought. Plus now you factor that a few of those guys may not take the offer once called also.

THEPRFCT10

Total Time
2500+
Suppa...was it via a phone call? Pool date for me is 5/27/07.....wondering how they are notifying guys. Not too worried, I'd suspect that as long as you get it before you show up!?

SuppaMD

Total Time
Yes, on my cell. Told me then they would have class info mid-March. I guess you didn't get sent for testing? Are you sure they have you pool date correct in their system.

Zdriver

Total Time
My guess is that it depends on who your PD contact is.. some are sending you for the Drug test, others are just waiting. wouldn't read too much into it.

THEPRFCT10

Total Time
2500+
Guess we'll see Fri....PD said if I don't hear from them by then, they want me to call......jke406, why must you hurt my feelings?!

Oneshot

Oneshot
Total Time
Perfect 10,
PD told me two weeks ago to get my drug test done when I called them. Pool date 6/2/07. No worries, I think they're just trying to lead turn things a little.