• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes the cane and rattle have been discontinued. A good tradition faded!
But it wasn't the 60+ guys that refused to do it. It was discontinued sometime in late 2007. Someone got offended from what I heard at the training center.

Great news about the 3 classes in July if that's true. Good luck poolies! Dry off fast!

Someone hand me a towel! I got the call yesterday afternoon for the June 25 class! My pool date was July 17th. Ronna also mentioned to me yesterday that there are 3 more classes planned for July. Good luck everyone.

Yes the cane and rattle have been discontinued. A good tradition faded!

That damn baby rattle cost me about $200 in bar tab the week I had to carry it around. It was a fun game to play especially when guys would try and take it in the middle of class. That is a shame it is gone.

Someone got offended? Waaaaa, B.F.D.

Traditions are part of the culture.

Next thing you know, the welcoming party will be deemed offensive and discontinued.

I'm considering bringing a rattle and cane
(or PAMPERS and DEPENDS....or "oops-i-crapped-my-pants") to class so as to bring back such fun times...maybe that's not such a good idea.

I think I'll be the one with the rattle and Pampers to be honest....

Does anybody have an idea/ballpark estimate of the average age of the newhires lately? Is our seniority within the class based on birthdate?

I'm considering bringing a rattle and cane
(or PAMPERS and DEPENDS....or "oops-i-crapped-my-pants") to class so as to bring back such fun times...maybe that's not such a good idea.

I think I'll be the one with the rattle and Pampers to be honest....

DO IT...IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Latest resources

Back