• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a buddy of mine was around the 180 number on the email with a July 17 type what number would he be after the May classes. Anybody keeping track of the names/numbers on that email.

What do people think of being hired at the back end of a huge hiring wave? I think everyone knows the days of the 6 year upgrade are gone for now- AND (this is big!) FO life is still very good at SWA- But just looking at the realistic outcome of a career starting today w/ SWA. It doesn't seem realistic that there's room domestically to double in size again-= so just curious from those there in the know what you think of the future of SWA.

What do people think of being hired at the back end of a huge hiring wave? I think everyone knows the days of the 6 year upgrade are gone for now- AND (this is big!) FO life is still very good at SWA- But just looking at the realistic outcome of a career starting today w/ SWA. It doesn't seem realistic that there's room domestically to double in size again-= so just curious from those there in the know what you think of the future of SWA.

Better than regional whore flying!!! My days of getting raped (Jr. Manned) by scheduling are over, I'll take my chances at Southwest. Oh yea, fighting for my 12 days off and trying to get paid correctly is just a few more reasons why I'm extremely happy to leave the life of a regional pilot. I could go on and on.....

just finished a 3 day and heard that the word from the training center is all poolies in class by year end.
Hopefully its true! Good Luck everybody.

What do people think of being hired at the back end of a huge hiring wave? I think everyone knows the days of the 6 year upgrade are gone for now- AND (this is big!) FO life is still very good at SWA- .

Uhh Yeah, what difference does it make? You'll be making more as a 8 yr FO as you would as a 8 yr 737 CA at any major today. (Not Fedex or UPS)

I think I'd be able to get over it.

Newhire Base?

Does anybody know where the newhires in class are being placed?...is it still OAK to start? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back