• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont get the SWA as of late. GK and MVDV are totally different at running this ship. I have zero faith in them treating pilots fair and less trust in SWAPULL standings its ground. DO I think a furlough is coming? NO! DO I think GK doesnt give a darn about the pilots at SWA? Yes!

I for one welcome GK's challenge if he is ever that stupid to try that trick. It will fail miserably. He has already damaged so much good will between SWAPA and SWA over this deal. It is his turn to "OWN IT"!! I say if he wants a furlough, let it be on his hands.

The second that the furlough notices go out, I will do what I can to start a furlough fund for those that are on the street.

With hundreds of AirTran guys going to Delta over the next 2 years, we will probably have to do some hiring during the transition period :)

I agree with the notion that GK merely thinks of pilots as a cost center in his accountants basket of costs to be controlled. But that does not change the fact he is SWA, and if he furloughs, he will have killed one hundred percent of what this company stands for, so no furloughs.

Barring world war three or Obama thinking he can spend his way to prosperity.

The only reason why he wouldnt furlough is because the company is making money. However we as a pilot group have already had lines reduced...I know seasonal it it is getting better but, it has been worse then previous years. We have given him plenty for free and I for one will not do a single thing else for him. The picture just doesnt look as rosey in my eyes. While I will prpbably be fine barring WW lll or The moron in the White house. It goes to mention this place has changed a lot in the last couple of years and NOT for the better.

I actually do think we'll see some FOs move over to legacies-not necessarily junior either- and if they do it quick enough it could work out for them- capt at the new united is down to 2005 hires- in class soon
The new American has all kinds of attrition
Delta's probably the least robust and it will be hiring a seniority significant wave

I just encourage anybody not happy or senior to me to make that move:)

GK absolutely does not think of any pilot as a cost unit- he cares about people including pilots. He IS a numbers guy, however. Thats his skill, and worldview. We can disrespect that, but he thinks he can best serve the people of swa by focusing on the numbers- and in part, he's right-
We better not ignore them, ever.

Just don't reduce him to a Horton level bc he's not Herb, that's ridiculously unfair to the guy- the simple truth is he could be making a LOT more money at many other places-
I don't kiss his arse, he's not my father, I welcome the challenge in the negotiation as well and feel we've given a whole lot for free-
But I've been around the airline block enough to know we're lucky to have him- very lucky

If you feel differently, you ought to get off the Internet and dive into the real world and SWA a bit more

Last edited:
I don't kiss his arse, he's not my father, I welcome the challenge in the negotiation as well and feel we've given a whole lot for free-

Just remember to take the first offer because any subsequent offers will be much worse.:laugh:

Fr8doggie

With hundreds of AirTran guys going to Delta over the next 2 years, we will probably have to do some hiring during the transition period :)

If it was 300 (combined between OAT and RSW), that would only be about 4% of the total pilot group. Wouldn't be surprised to see that many leave for various other carriers/employment opportunities.

SWA would be happy to see that many leave and wouldn't hire to replace them in the next few years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back