• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say the fact that just because I offer an opinion that you don't agree with hardly makes me a "hater". My point is simply an observation. I've been through this before, but for obvious reasons I do take an interest in mergers and how they are conducted. Fortunately, if it were to happen to us it won't be SWA!:)
Besides my take on the merger, you can hardly define me as a SWA "hater" Kind of sounds like a little kid that doesn't get what they want and yells to their parent "you hate me!"

So now your the parent , you know what is best.

Why don't you walk into the SWA GO and tell them you need to meet with Gary and tell him all he needs to fix.

I am guessing your to busy running HA, with all your knowledge .

Just when I thought there was a little heroin left in the syringe. OK I get to retire senior. Like the last six months of my career I get to kick dirt and and rocks on all the poor bastards trying to crawl up the seniority hill..

Daaaaaamn. You play hard.

I was hoping that I'd screwed up the numbers. I prefer your calculator. The 'Darth' comment was for Scoreboard. It's our special affectionate nickname.

You might want to check again, or I've screwed it up - based on DOH i'd be around 47 - 49% and I think you're senior to me. I lose around 20% from that.

No Darth. I don't care if you think DOH was a non starter. Shut your eyes or put your helmet back on if it annoys you :D

Ah man, dissing the Darth balloon, the huge manatee!

So now your the parent , you know what is best.

Why don't you walk into the SWA GO and tell them you need to meet with Gary and tell him all he needs to fix.

I am guessing your to busy running HA, with all your knowledge .

OK, I voice an opinion (on a web board that is specifically for pilots from ALL airlines) you disagree with me but you don't don't have a good rebuttal, so you think throwing stones will make your point? Kind of childish again...I didn't say I know best, but I don't know how you can deny that the way SWA handled the merger is certainly nothing to boast about and if it's what they want, fine, but it does have far reaching consequences. Simple observation is all.

I agree that the best way to view it is to look at seniority lost from DOH.

DOH would've put me at about 62%. I actually ended up at 86%. Whatever. For me, the best way to look at it is "It's over and done with". Guys are pissed on both sides and probably will be for a long time if not for the remainder of their careers. That's their choice. I'm just focusing on having a positive attitude. Makes life much easier.

Dan, you're stuck on repeat from years ago-
I never said get over it- I said let it go and there's a distinction- nobody's minds changing and all the arguments were made a long time ago- the record is just skipping
And yes, you know you're a hater- and I appreciate that Dan:)
We'll keep that in mind when GK buys you- I'm positive your group will be way tougher than PCL, Lear, and dicko's group -...(sigh...)

((Whisper:) was that enough forum fodder for you to hate on Dan?:))

...it's my understanding that GK threatened the AirTran pilots if they voted no and they allowed a neutral party to settle the issue? Didn't he say something like "we will not merge the 2 operations if you vote against the second offer"?

What he actually did was tip his cards a bit. He was letting them know that he was going to dump the 717 (before saying so public) and if he let that cat out of the bag, things would be a whole lot different. This is where many of the SWA guys have a beef with GK.

All that being said, AT guys see it different than SWA guys. That is where we stand and we all move on from here. Some will be angry til retirement some will deal with it and move on. So best of luck to us all.

Southwest Airlines and Volaris have announced an end to their codeshare agreement effective February 22, 2013. Although no new bookings will be accepted, customers holding tickets for future travel will be able to contact Southwest and Volaris for assistance through August 9, 2013.

Moving forward, as a result of hard-fought contractual gains in our collective bargaining agreement and strategic work by SWAPA's negotiators via Side Letter 12 which carved out Volaris by name, the Company is now extremely limited in regard to codeshare. This codeshare protection is unparalleled in the industry.

The Company may not engage in any domestic, near-international, or far-international codeshare. The only exception remaining is for regional aircraft to provide inter-­island codeshare service within the Hawaiian Islands or inter-­island codeshare service within the Caribbean Islands.

Take that Trannys!!!.... this is your future Union working to protect your job(s).... you may or may not want. NO OTHER AIRLINE has this agreement in place. Be thankful, you work for a Company that cares and a Union that will protect you. The silver lining, bitches!!! Enjoy your Families and your 3.4% profit sharing check for 2012.

Lets make it bigger next year, when we dump your Fugly DC-9s!!!!! Peace!

Those fugly dc 9s were quite productive in generaating millions and millions of dollars in bag fees. So much so that the overlord had deemed it appropriate to raise bag fees..... you are welcome for the profit sharing. When will you be able to single engine taxi now that your type rated fos can st art an engine?

We are learning how to start the engines. Maybe a couple of months more.

Your DC9s are doing so great ...we are paying delta to take them. YOUR welcome for your profit sharing check.... Your welcome for having a job, thousands would die for... Without holding the actual qualifications to hold the job or interview for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back