• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilots - Don't be Pricks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So General before you take this and run with it, I will nip in the bud right now. On another thread I said that they brought nothing to the table. What I was talking about was their contract, not their people. The way I understand it is that they are asking for seniority protection, seat protection, domicile protection, along with the SWA pay increases and benefits. That is some serious demands from a Ch 11 company. So my choice of words might not have been the best or I did not emphasize my point clearly. But the point remains the same, they are asking for the mother load and not giving much in return. I can say with confidence that SWA will be a great place for F9 and we welcome them, but under the right terms.

I guess that I didn't realize the General was such a troll. guess he is going to join TankerClown on the ignore list. I even replied to him on another thread, stupid me. and I agree, sorry if I've come off as arrogant.

Everyone needs to stop responding to the trolls. We really need to stay focused internally. I urge everyone to leave this forum, and engage on the SWAPA Forum. They are doing a great job of keeping everyone informed with up to the minute details. The real gem here is the Q400. That will provide great internal growth. We need to make sure if any of those ever show up, that they are flown by SWAPA pilots. I'm out of here.

Thanks, guys, for the redeeming responses. It's a heated debate for sure with valid points on both sides. It seems like an easy choice... depending on where you sit. I think SWA pilots actually mean well in some of their rants. Many of us are shocked that FAPA would rather fly for RAH than take pay protection and pay raises and probably a much better carreer at SWA. Some of our shock comes accross as arrogance though. We wish you FAPA guys and your families the very best. I can't imagine what you are going through. Good luck and keep the faith, brothers!

Everyone needs to stop responding to the trolls. We really need to stay focused internally. I urge everyone to leave this forum, and engage on the SWAPA Forum. They are doing a great job of keeping everyone informed with up to the minute details. The real gem here is the Q400. That will provide great internal growth. We need to make sure if any of those ever show up, that they are flown by SWAPA pilots. I'm out of here.

Good advice mdf.

I only wish we could have a frank and productive discussion with only FAPA and Lynx pilots. This is too important for the parties involved to have the standard trolls flaming the situation.

I'm out of here too. Good luck to everyone involved!

My hat's off to the poster of this thread. Now's not the time for arrogance. People's jobs are at stake.

SWAPA's job is to protect their own and not the Frontier pilots so it's no surprise it's playing hardball. The problem for FAPA is they're being forced to negotiate with a gun to their head. Not the first time this has happened in this industry and it makes me sick to my stomache knowing another good bunch of pilots has to suffer through it.

It would be great if SWAPA would offer something less insulting than a staple (no matter what kind of pay raise is in store) but they hold all the leverage. I'm not so arrogant as to tell the Frontier pilots what's best for them -- only they can determine that -- but when you have no choice the choice is easy.

Regardless, I wish the best for the FAPA pilots and I wish Southwest pilots would refrain from telling them what's best for them.

My hat's off to the poster of this thread. Now's not the time for arrogance. People's jobs are at stake.

SWAPA's job is to protect their own and not the Frontier pilots so it's no surprise it's playing hardball. The problem for FAPA is they're being forced to negotiate with a gun to their head. Not the first time this has happened in this industry and it makes me sick to my stomache knowing another good bunch of pilots has to suffer through it.

It would be great if SWAPA would offer something less insulting than a staple (no matter what kind of pay raise is in store) but they hold all the leverage. I'm not so arrogant as to tell the Frontier pilots what's best for them -- only they can determine that -- but when you have no choice the choice is easy.

Regardless, I wish the best for the FAPA pilots and I wish Southwest pilots would refrain from telling them what's best for them.

Very well said.

Touche.

But when I hear the FAPA guys are trying to negotiate things like "first rights to Denver 737 spots" FOREVER, then we get a bit defensive. There's a lot of posturing going on right now.

The problem for FAPA is they're being forced to negotiate with a gun to their head. Not the first time this has happened in this industry and it makes me sick to my stomache knowing another good bunch of pilots has to suffer through it.

The F9 pilots have seniority rights, they ought to jealously protect them. If they fold to the bullying tactics of SWA and SWAPA then they deserve what they get. Unlike the TWA/AA seniority surrender, the F9 pilots are protected by federal law. They ought to get an opportunity for a fair and equitable seniority integration.

Latest resources

Back