• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA PIC Hours Now at 1000 hrs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be the end of your marriage. He would come home happy from work and you would be all pissed off, cus you hate where he works.

You both would argue, cus he would learn to "like" (Luv) Southwest Airlines at the same time you continue to hate us. Arguements popping up all the time. They you will say "its either me or your Luvable Airline!!!" You will not like his choice.

Then a young UPS newhire FE will catch your eye............on to chapter 2.

It would be the end of your marriage. He would come home happy from work and you would be all pissed off, cus you hate where he works.

You both would argue, cus he would learn to "like" (Luv) Southwest Airlines at the same time you continue to hate us. Arguements popping up all the time. They you will say "its either me or your Luvable Airline!!!" You will not like his choice.

Then a young UPS newhire FE will catch your eye............on to chapter 2.

Regardless if I agree with the SWA/FO all the time, but I have to admit, that's pretty funny right there.

Lear70: "Then again, the military failure ratio on the interview is only about 30% from what I hear (I keep hearing buddies who went to interview and of the 10 or so hired out of 20+, 7 or 8 are always military - or maybe that's just the luck of the draw on those days). Sounds like things may not change all that much."

Well, Mr. Einstein, how do you account for last year's hiring numbers? 40% military, 60% civilian. I would say a tool is a tool and won't get past the PD, regardless of background.

Last edited:
Lear70: "Then again, the military failure ratio on the interview is only about 30% from what I hear (I keep hearing buddies who went to interview and of the 10 or so hired out of 20+, 7 or 8 are always military - or maybe that's just the luck of the draw on those days). Sounds like things may not change all that much."

Well, Mr. Einstein, how do you account for last year's hiring numbers? 40% military, 60% civilian. I would say a tool is a tool and won't get past the PD, regardless of background.
Jeez, man, what's with the attitude? :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was an absolute fact, I said "from what I hear"...

Incidentally, what does it mean when they start calling all your references? Doesn't that mean you passed the interview, then something in a reference catches you at board?

That happened to almost every single buddy of mine that went through (only one of them didn't have his references called).

Maybe they do fine with the interviewers then get passed over at board?

Unless YOU are on the hiring board...?

Have a beer and RELAX, it's just a discussion, not the Spanish Inquisition, and we all know how everyone feels about those.

Jeez, man, what's with the attitude? :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was an absolute fact, I said "from what I hear"...

Incidentally, what does it mean when they start calling all your references? Doesn't that mean you passed the interview, then something in a reference catches you at board?

That happened to almost every single buddy of mine that went through (only one of them didn't have his references called).

Maybe they do fine with the interviewers then get passed over at board?

Unless YOU are on the hiring board...?

Have a beer and RELAX, it's just a discussion, not the Spanish Inquisition, and we all know how everyone feels about those.
I am having a beer & relaxing on one of my 17 days off, oh, darn--reserve coming up again, after 5 days off...

I'm just making a point that mil folks don't get a free pass at SWA, nor should they anywhere else. There are lots of losers in the military, just like any other large corporation. Hopefully, they will get filtered out & wind up where they deserve. I have flown w/great folks from both worlds--mil & civ.

Lear70, no ill-will intended

I am having a beer & relaxing on one of my 17 days off, oh, darn--reserve coming up again, after 5 days off...
Just finishing 4 myself with a 4 day trip coming up, 2 legs per day, 24 hours credit, with long Tampa and Boston layovers, so I know what you mean. :)

I'm just making a point that mil folks don't get a free pass at SWA, nor should they anywhere else. There are lots of losers in the military, just like any other large corporation. Hopefully, they will get filtered out & wind up where they deserve. I have flown w/great folks from both worlds--mil & civ.
No doubt.

Lear70, no ill-will intended
Likewise. :beer:

I know that the SWA/FO thinks that he is coming off as funny but most of time comes off like a dbag, but that was definitely a witty, clever post. Nicely done SWA/FO, why can't you be like that more often?

I think that SWA/FO and Capt Mega are really married to each other and use this forum to argue with each other because they are too cheap to use up their cell phone minutes on text messages.

FJ

I know that the SWA/FO thinks that he is coming off as funny but most of time comes off like a dbag, but that was definitely a witty, clever post. Nicely done SWA/FO, why can't you be like that more often?

I think that SWA/FO and Capt Mega are really married to each other and use this forum to argue with each other because they are too cheap to use up their cell phone minutes on text messages.

FJ

hmmmm, good point. Makes you wonder, then again.....Yuck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back