• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA PIC Hours Now at 1000 hrs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of capts at regionals with over 1000 PIC but they don't all have their application in with SWA. I know what you are saying but with all the slackers I know, I just don't buy it. There are a lot of people out there that are qualified, but they don't all have any applications filled out due to various reasons (laziness, regional lifer, live in base and like it, etc.) and they don't all want to work at SWA (I know, it's "hard" to believe....I know but it's true). I could see 3000-4000 but 7000? I don't buy it. If they had that many, they wouldn't have any reason to lower the PIC turbine requirement.
You could be right,,, who knows.

Well, the people in the SW PD, but that's probably about it. :)

There are a lot of capts at regionals with over 1000 PIC but they don't all have their application in with SWA. I know what you are saying but with all the slackers I know, I just don't buy it. There are a lot of people out there that are qualified, but they don't all have any applications filled out due to various reasons (laziness, regional lifer, live in base and like it, etc.) and they don't all want to work at SWA (I know, it's "hard" to believe....I know but it's true). I could see 3000-4000 but 7000? I don't buy it. If they had that many, they wouldn't have any reason to lower the PIC turbine requirement.

7,000 is actually DOWN substantially. When I interviewed ('04), they reported having 12,000.

How about allowing each 1000 of extra part 121 TT to count for 100 of TPIC?

Or maybe 1 hour of TPIC for every 2 hours of B737 TT?

Let's get back to thinking outside the box!

Please?

Instructordude

3Southwest Airlines defines "Pilot in Command" for the purposes of application for employment as the Pilot ultimately responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft during flight. The Pilot in Command should also be the Pilot who signed for the aircraft and who is the ultimate authority for the operation of that flight. For military personnel, Southwest Airlines will allow flight time logged as "Pilot In Command" (PIC) only if you are the Captain/Aircraft Commander, Evaluator, or Instructor Pilot.

PUKE

Let it go Mega. Just let it go.

Gup

Give it up Gup. My comment has nothing to do with my other issues.

I wouldn't believe that about any airline today. I know a lot of people don't want to fly night cargo but last year we had 2000 qualified applications at UPS. That sounds more realistic.....therefore, eliminating the people that think we just slug it out all night coast to coast that are not interested, I would think you guys might have 3000-4000 tops! 7000.....NO way but whatever......maybe I am just in denial because I told my honey to apply when he gets his 1000 and I want to believe he'll have a decent shot. :D

Last edited:
Guys,

Quit fueling the flame. Most of us realize Instructordude is only the sole manipulator of one thing, and it ain't a turbine airplane.

Guys,

Quit fueling the flame. Most of us realize Instructordude is only the sole manipulator of one thing, and it ain't a turbine airplane.
Eggggxactly right... :D

Mega, I don't understand it either. UPS was the absolute HARDEST application to get into the system. Been "qualified" (2,000+ PIC turbine and 727 command time) since 2001, and even had a guy walk my stuff in once, never received a call.

Now I hear the UPS application is only available at RANDOM intervals online (no notification of when) and that if you don't have international heavy experience, you aren't considered "qualified" anymore?

I would say that severely limits the number of "qualified" resumes on file at UPS? Just a thought... ;)

I would say that severely limits the number of "qualified" resumes on file at UPS? Just a thought... ;)

I agree but the 2000 number was before the wacky qualifications were changed. Now it's like 10-20 qualified applicants. ;)

I'm just confused at the rejection of some of my friends, 2 or 3 guys in particular, 1 of which is the nicest guy I know and a check airman at PCL with 4 or 5 internal SWA recs. Just weird...

Happens a lot dude... You don't know how your friends interview. Sure they will tell you "it went great" but in reality - NOT.

I told my honey to apply when he gets his 1000 and I want to believe he'll have a decent shot. :D

I wouldn't bother.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back