• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Upated today for those interested.

<LI class=listDoubleSpace>Flight Experience:
2,500 hours total or 1,500 hours TURBINE total. Additionally, a minimum of 1,000 hours in Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in command3, as defined below is required. Southwest considers only Pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. This specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV, EWO etc. NO other time is counted.3 <LI class=listDoubleSpace>_____________________This is a change from 1300 hrs. Good luck to all.

This is what I see when I go to the website at 0003Z 19 April 2007:

<LI class=listDoubleSpace>Flight Experience:
2,500 hours total or 1,500 hours TURBINE total. Additionally, a minimum of 1,300 hours in Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in command3, as defined below is required. Southwest considers only Pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. This specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV, EWO etc. NO other time is counted.3

As a former WSO/EWO, I have to wonder why they lumped helicopter time in with us 'rated non-pilot' types.

This is actually one of the first moves of the new head of pilot hiring. He has changed the mins to help his buds from his unit, those that are not on the interview team! If you know the secret handshake (SAT-AF) you are golden. This guy is really going to hurt SWA! I have met him, he is the typical AF clueless a$$ kisser.

Latest resources

Back