• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was thinkin' Capt. side of the fence. Since that is the only list I look at nowadays.

General, I am glad that you had such a windfall in your BK. I am sure all the guys that lost their jobs for 5+ years are really excited about the company that stuck it to them. I am also sure they appriceated the longer time on the street because you were sucking up all the extra flying while they were getting their unemployment checks.

It is getting harder for you to hide your envy of SWA. We know you want to fly the corndog....but you can't so get over it!!!

Envy? Huh? I just don't like LBB, MAF, AMA, or HRL. That's it. Everytime I say something about them, which I am allowed to do, I get slammed by dorks like SWA/FO that say we will go Chap 7 next time. Well, so will SWA thanks to a Mars invasion.

And, our bottom furloughed guy got over $200,000 from the claim sale, and he never even really flew at DL prior to getting furloughed. How did the USAir or United guys do while furloughed? How about those AA or TWA guys still out? You need to get your facts straight, lest you sound ignorant. Also, while we had furloughs on the street we had a cap on the hours we could be paid for each month--75. We were also parking L1011s, MD11s, 727s, 737-200s, etc. Not as much open time out there as you would think.

I am allowed to dislike LBB. If you want to keep this going, keep stating ignorant facts. I check them regularly. Really. And, I have no desire to fly the same plane (737) for the rest of my life, with multiple leg days, and 25 min turns. No thanks. No envy in that statement at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
give it up - you bipolar freak.

give it up - you bipolar freak.

Great one there. You still studying for your upcoming Lance Captain slot? Riiight. You must be covering for some major inadequecies. (your Ego is huge) That is what she said. And, have fun with LBB, AMA, MAF, and HRL. I will never have to go there. Feels sooo good.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General, you're telling me that a guy hired in July of 2001 and furloughed 4 months later got $200K plus in settlement? I find that VERY difficult to believe. Plus, what did he make in the past 6 years from Delta?

Dude. We get it. Delta is king and we are your bitch.

Gup

General, you're telling me that a guy hired in July of 2001 and furloughed 4 months later got $200K plus in settlement? I find that VERY difficult to believe. Plus, what did he make in the past 6 years from Delta?

Dude. We get it. Delta is king and we are your bitch.

Gup

That is absolutely correct. He was awarded a claim (in new stock, which was sold prior to him getting it) for close to $200,000. The only cavet for those guys was they had to be back on the property to get it. Ask any other DL guy on this board. Of that claim money, up to $88,000 was put into a 401K to hide from the tax man (for 06 and 07) and the rest was taxed. ANd, being furloughed he obviously didn't make anything from Delta, and that is a part of this business. But, when he came back he came back to 7th year pay, not 2nd year pay that many United guys came back to.

And, thanks for admitting the rest. You may relax now. Also, I don't dislike Southwest or it's pilots (well, maybe a few a holes), I just would not like some of the routes, the 25 min turns, mostly multiple leg days, or flying one plane type for the rest of my career. Other than those things, I think you guys are fabulous.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Hey General. I'm normally a fan of yours but your presence on this thread is really getting aggravating.

Some of us may be actually interested in the original intent of this thread that was rudely hijacked and don't want to continue to listen to your constant dribble that Delta's penis is bigger than Southwest's penis in your not so humble opinion.

P.S. May daughter was born in Lubbock and my wife got her Master's from Texas Tech so I am well aware of the Lubbuttocks jokes.

General Leigh,

I could care less what you think of LBB or any West Texas city that we serve.

I think you're a tool. I don't care about you and I care less about Delta. I think you're trying to take the high road about your a$$ pounding you took from Leo and his boys - which is fine.

None of this affects me or Southwest Airlines, since it was your a$$ being worked and not mine. How did you get that stuff off of your black, double brested coat? You must have a good dry cleaner.

So stay off the Southwest Airlines threads and I'll stay off the 2 sorry-a$$ Delta threads.

Hey guys,

Can we please get back to the original purpose of this thread?? I honestly want to know about the pluses and minuses of Vegas and Phoenix. Thanks for letting it go.

cheers,
Nav

LAS went sort of mid road senior during the first bid, but if they really grow it as much as they have said they will (eventually will be the biggest base) then most people expect it will become junior very fast.

the first bid included everyone who lives there whereas from here on out it will have to be people who want to go for seniority or get displaced, thus it will probably end up junior along the lines of BWI/MDW.

PHX is next to DAL/HOU in terms of captain seniority and that doesn't seem likely to change significantly in the next 5 or 10 years.

the wild card is all of the people on the west coast that currently commute to OAK that went to LAS or are considering it. OAK has traditionally been the most junior base for the first class or two out of the school house but not so much for senior FOs or in the CAPT ranks, since so many people commute there from west coast cities.

Some west coasters have put forth the view that LAS will be their BWI/MDW, since for years now all of the growth has been on the east coast and west coast guys saw their seniority stagnate relative to commuting to BWI.

I'd run a list of pros and cons with the wife (including PRO of LAS as a junior base = better QOL sooner) and go rent an apartment in either PHX or LAS for a year or so to see what you think. If it is the place for you, buy a house after the market has finished correcting, which no one will know till it is on the way back up. But, if you are planning on staying 5 or 10 years, who cares if you buy right at the bottom of the market, since you've already missed buying at the top in both these places.

Not sure I'd jump and buy a house prior to starting class or checking out the city for a while first. shoot, maybe even rent a furnished apt and leave all your stuff in storage besides what you can fit in your two cars, could lessen the moving expense if you will be ready to buy in 6 months or less. Although, the tightening of the mortgage market could put a crimp in your house buying plans if you are thinking 300,000+ on 1st year salary, 2nd year I think you'd be fine, depending on down payment size, etc. Some guys buy the house based on their current military salary before they get out, and if that is your plan, it puts way more pressure on to get it right the first time I guess.

Latest resources

Back