• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't matter which base you go to because you'll still have to do LBB overnights.

There, that's one less post for the General.

Great post! Thank you for acknowledging the fact that there is a very good chance that someday at SWA you will have to fly to LBB. (With 13 flights a day there) Man alive, NO THANKS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

LBB overnight or Chapter 11, which would you rather go through? One last 13 hours and the other last 18 months. You don't lose money buy going to LBB.

Give me LBB anyday. :D

What is wrong with LBB? You can go to Bleachers and get a cold one and watch drunk college girls try to play pool. Good times.

I'd gladly spend a night in Lubbock vs Lagos.

Really? Probably so. But, you have to admit, the Lagos hotel probably is the nicest (?) in the country for security reasons. Air France and other European airlines probably layover there too. Thank gawd I am too senior for that route (it begins this Fall I believe). Hey, congrats to you Southwest guys for your new service from Denver to Amarillo starting in November. I would bid that in a heartbeat! Sweet!

Bye Bye--General Lee

LBB overnight or Chapter 11, which would you rather go through? One last 13 hours and the other last 18 months. You don't lose money buy going to LBB.

Give me LBB anyday. :D

That literally makes no sense. We have been out of Chap 11 for a while now, and the upgrades and movement has been swift, actually increasing pay. And, you keep forgetting that thanks to BK I got about $240,000 in a claim sale, which came out to $88,000 in my 401K(06 and 07 contributions), and after taxes an additional $85,000. Even our bottom guy who was furloughed the whole time got $180-200,000. Not bad. We also just got contributions to our pension dump, which gave me an additional $50,000. That is in addition to our DC plan in our names now. You seem to keep forgetting that. That's ok, you are rotting away in LBB, MAF, AMA, or HRL I bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
That literally makes no sense. We have been out of Chap 11 for a while now, and the upgrades and movement has been swift, actually increasing pay. And, you keep forgetting that thanks to BK I got about $240,000 in a claim sale, which came out to $88,000 in my 401K(06 and 07 contributions), and after taxes an additional $85,000. Even our bottom guy who was furloughed the whole time got $180-200,000. Not bad. We also just got contributions to our pension dump, which gave me an additional $50,000. That is in addition to our DC plan in our names now. You seem to keep forgetting that. That's ok, you are rotting away in LBB, MAF, AMA, or HRL I bet.

If Ch 11 is such a good deal then why doesn't everyone go through it. You sure talked a good game as Delta was trying to stay out of it.

I still don't think you ever answered my question about Song. Do they or don't they overnight in LBB?

By the way, I have 3 friends that are in new hire classes at Delta right now that are also in the pool for SWA. They are looking forward to walking on Delta for one of those beautiful LBB overnights. (That can't be good for the bottom line...but then again, maybe if times get tough Delta can go back and hide out in Ch 11).

I wonder if they'll have to share a crew bus with guys from Song?

In an attempt at being as fair as possible, here are links to the various recreational activities available to crews overnighting in LBB and Lagos,

Direct from the Nigerian Government website under "Beaches and resorts" I particularly like the "Fun seekers at the Eleko Beach" picture. What a happening time in Lagos.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/SitesScenes/SiteScenes2.htm

Now for your typical LBB entertainment. I've done a lot of serious academic work at this particular library.

http://www.librarybars.com/lubbock/gallery.php

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yea, that was the cheap route for the company. Would have been worth 3 times that if your MEC didn't sell you out. But, that's another thread. You got bought.

Just to be clear, your saying that your payout is worth more than if everything would have stayed status quo and you fought to keep it? Just want to make sure I'm hearing you right?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back