• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excuse me? You think I am the General? Just because someone else actually sees what you Southwest guys are doing and actually defends the General, must be the General? You sure are slick! He really is getting to you guys. You show weakness, and many of us love how he does it to you. Why do you guys keep this silly fight going? I bet he is just laughing the whole way. You are clearly losing it, along with that SWA/FO who just sounds dumb.(wait for it, SWA/FO will try to put me down for flying a Lear 45 next..even though he flew a DA20)

Thanks for your support Heavy. I am glad some people on here share my views or just allow me to give an opinion without a bashing. This whole LBB deal started with me saying I wouldn't want to be a Southwest pilot for a variety of reasons, which was met with dismay by some SWA guys. They can't believe I wouldn't be interested in their style of flying. Regardless, I still think their airline is great, with friendly stews and great pay rates, but that isn't the whole picture for some. Some people need variety in routes and planes to keep from getting bored too. Flying one type of plane the rest of my life just sounds like complacency waiting to happen, and for those saying 12 hour flights can breed complacency too--I have one answer: a relief pilot is waiting, along with your first class meal. And, if I decide I don't want to do that anymore, domestic flying is still there too. These SWA guys just don't want to believe some of us don't want multiple leg days on one type of plane. Again, thanks for your support Heavy Set.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Im curious Ben, what where some of the low-life MD-88 overnight citys that you stayed at? As Gential has pointed out LBB, MAF and AMA, I'm sure you had some fun places to compare it with.

Once again, a former DL pilot that speaks of the truth unlike our friend the Genital.

Good ole Ben flew the MD88 when the routes were a bit different. When we had 757s flying Song, the MD88s were doing a lot more short haul stuff. Now, with more 767s flying INTL instead of ATL-MCO, the 757s from Song have taken more transcon routes, and the MD88s have taken more North--South stuff on the East Coast. A lot of their trips are 2 leg days with fairly long layovers either North or South. The MD90s in SLC still do short haul stuff in SLC, with occasional longer routes to YYZ or CLE. Also, the MD88 now does Caribbean flying, which did not occur when Bennie was here. There are turns to St.Croix, San Juan, Grand Cayman, Guadalajara, and even Cancun layovers. Boy Ben, you really don't know what has happened here. And, if you had stayed and gotten tired of the MD88, you could have had many choices to keep you interested. But hey, instead you are a corndog now and you will be paid well to fly an orange 737 around the US. Good for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

These SWA guys just don't want to believe some of us don't want multiple leg days on one type of plane. Again, thanks for your support Heavy Set.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess you are having trouble dealing with the fact that pilots are picking SWA over your beloved Delta? I'm sorry reality is so tough on you these days, your counceler should be able to help with that.

Enjoying talking to yourself freak?

Thanks for your support Heavy. I am glad some people on here share my views or just allow me to give an opinion without a bashing. This whole LBB deal started with me saying I wouldn't want to be a Southwest pilot for a variety of reasons, which was met with dismay by some SWA guys. They can't believe I wouldn't be interested in their style of flying. Regardless, I still think their airline is great, with friendly stews and great pay rates, but that isn't the whole picture for some. Some people need variety in routes and planes to keep from getting bored too. Flying one type of plane the rest of my life just sounds like complacency waiting to happen, and for those saying 12 hour flights can breed complacency too--I have one answer: a relief pilot is waiting, along with your first class meal. And, if I decide I don't want to do that anymore, domestic flying is still there too. These SWA guys just don't want to believe some of us don't want multiple leg days on one type of plane. Again, thanks for your support Heavy Set.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You guys going steady? General, what kind of cheese do you want with your whine?

Boy Ben, you really don't know what has happened here.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Right General. Didn't Longstreet tell you not to go up that hill??...

Hope that CEO that the creditors picked out works out o.k. I heard Whitehurst was the man. Too bad - he'll make good dough somewhere else I guess.

Glad to hear that the rj's have picked up the mad dog lines.

Gotta get some rest for my 2 legs/day 3-day that pays as much as a DAL 4-day. For me anyway. I guess for a SWA captain it would be like 777 rates.

I don't even go through Texas. Am I dreaming this or am I really doing 3 DAL-LBB turns??????????????

Gotta run. I'd throw out another barb about how much used to come out of my pay for healthcare at DL compared to today but I'm too lazy to find a good number. Big difference is all I'll say. GL, this is not one worth the fight becuase it's the same provider (UHC) and it's not even close what SWA picks up of the cost compared to DAL. I hope you at least get free meds when you go to Dakar, etc. though. We get free stuff for LBB ;)

Hey Haevy go beg a FlexJet guy for another job. I forgot you are flying your lear 45 around...wow. Stay off a thread you know nothing about little boy.

Latest resources

Back