• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure who is the bigger idiots on this board. GL or those that engage this fool?? How many times do we have to read about 7 legs and LBB and more importantly how many times will you idiots follow this ass???

I've held off as long as I could. I bolted from DAL to SWA last year. I have yet to fly a 7 leg day nor have I been to LBB - I feel cheated! ;) . In fact, I've yet to fly a 6 leg day. 5 max and that's rare. I flew more legs per day MD-88 out of ATL than I fly at SWA.

Oh, and what the General fails to mention is what are the duty days for domestic DAL vs. SWA? I will tell you - MUCH less at SWA. Say all you want about the more block we fly at SWA, but I'll take a 7 hour block and 9 1/2 duty day and go to the hotel (many good places - same hotels as DAL even! Crazy huh!) I flew the MD-88 - can't tell you how many scheduled 11+ duty days turned into 14+ with no ovetime pay kicker. Max scheduled duty day is usaully 10 or less at SWA.

I also don't miss those "productivity sits" in ATL. I guess it was a chance to shine my shoes though ...

So, here we go with the General with all those k*ck as$ Int'l trips. Great, but what about DAL's domestic operation? Give it all to the rj's? Int'l is doing great .. for now. But what about the rest?

I'm sure GL will come back with something witty - is he at 10K posts yet? I've got many buds at DAL and hope all goes well, but sure would be nice if you lost the GL somehow. Out,

BD

I've held off as long as I could. I bolted from DAL to SWA last year. I have yet to fly a 7 leg day nor have I been to LBB - I feel cheated! ;) . In fact, I've yet to fly a 6 leg day. 5 max and that's rare. I flew more legs per day MD-88 out of ATL than I fly at SWA.

Oh, and what the General fails to mention is what are the duty days for domestic DAL vs. SWA? I will tell you - MUCH less at SWA. Say all you want about the more block we fly at SWA, but I'll take a 7 hour block and 9 1/2 duty day and go to the hotel (many good places - same hotels as DAL even! Crazy huh!) I flew the MD-88 - can't tell you how many scheduled 11+ duty days turned into 14+ with no ovetime pay kicker. Max scheduled duty day is usaully 10 or less at SWA.

I also don't miss those "productivity sits" in ATL. I guess it was a chance to shine my shoes though ...

So, here we go with the General with all those k*ck as$ Int'l trips. Great, but what about DAL's domestic operation? Give it all to the rj's? Int'l is doing great .. for now. But what about the rest?

I'm sure GL will come back with something witty - is he at 10K posts yet? I've got many buds at DAL and hope all goes well, but sure would be nice if you lost the GL somehow. Out,

BD

Im curious Ben, what where some of the low-life MD-88 overnight citys that you stayed at? As Gential has pointed out LBB, MAF and AMA, I'm sure you had some fun places to compare it with.

Once again, a former DL pilot that speaks of the truth unlike our friend the Genital.

Im curious Ben, what where some of the low-life MD-88 overnight citys that you stayed at? As Gential has pointed out LBB, MAF and AMA, I'm sure you had some fun places to compare it with.

Once again, a former DL pilot that speaks of the truth unlike our friend the Genital.

I believe Jackson, MS was my favorite. No offense to local residents, but that was the only hotel - at least in my civilain airline career - where I felt I should have gotten a shot of something (besides booze) before I bedded down for the night.

328, it would be a waste of time to try to tell GL how it is out here in the domestic world, so I'm sorry if I don't waste my efforts.

One thought to leave with though - I have learned since I came to SWA though that there is a general (no pun intended) perception of DAL pilots that they all have a stick up their as$. My take is that it is not true. Same dudes, various backrounds, most good guys and a few "others". GL was the exception at DAL just as I believe SWA/FO is the exception at SWA. I've flown with mostly good guys and a few as$holes at both companies.

Southwest is a great place and guys like GL are complete idiots, but I would caution against buying too hard into the "we're the best" mantra from the old skool crowd. SWA has some learning to do as well.

My two cents,

BD

I understand completly. Any company can improve and we are no exception. We are completly diffrent than DL and do things diffrently. We are not a legacy and never will be. Both airlines offer a great product, but we just do it with out the "stick up the a$$".

None, I wish the Mods would just ban him once and for all.

What's the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say...................."

All he said was that he didn't want to be a Southwest pilot, and gave his reasons. All of you guys then melted down.

BD

I think you have been away too long from Delta. Most of what you say is wrong, according to my friends there. Can you really fly a 7 leg day at Southwest? How about 6? My friends at SWA have flown six leggers, especially in TX and CA. Are you sure those long productivity sits are still there in ATL? (NOT according to my friends) And you flew the MD88 at Delta? Guess what? Most of them now do old Song routes, which have two legs a day for about 7 hours credit. Sounds better than your 4-5 legs across the country. You sound bitter, and General Lee is right to slam the bunch of you. I am sure he is glad you are gone. You only flew the MD88? My friends on the ER love it. Too bad you won't ever try that, you could have had a change in attitude.

Last edited:
I think you have been away too long from Delta. Most of what you say is wrong, according to my friends there. Can you really fly a 7 leg day at Southwest? How about 6? My friends at SWA have flown six leggers, especially in TX and CA. Are you sure those long productivity sits are still there in ATL? (NOT according to my friends) And you flew the MD88 at Delta? Guess what? Most of them now do old Song routes, which have two legs a day for about 7 hours credit. Sounds better than your 4-5 legs across the country. You sound bitter, and General Lee is right to slam the bunch of you. I am sure he is glad you are gone. You only flew the MD88? My friends on the ER love it. Too bad you won't ever try that, you could have had a change in attitude.

Hey look everyone, the Genital's back in his other form. Welcome back General. Man, I can't keep all your screen names straight.

Hey look everyone, the Genital's back in his other form. Welcome back General. Man, I can't keep all your screen names straight.

Excuse me? You think I am the General? Just because someone else actually sees what you Southwest guys are doing and actually defends the General, must be the General? You sure are slick! He really is getting to you guys. You show weakness, and many of us love how he does it to you. Why do you guys keep this silly fight going? I bet he is just laughing the whole way. You are clearly losing it, along with that SWA/FO who just sounds dumb.(wait for it, SWA/FO will try to put me down for flying a Lear 45 next..even though he flew a DA20)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back