• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the whole thread has been a joke started by General Less, and his alter-ego screen name. The responses coming out of that man assures me that he has no place at SWA, nor should he ever think of working here. General Loss just put one by for the past 9 pages. :puke:

how old is this guy?

Just wondering dude.. You need to go where the cash is flowing and doesn't stop flowing.

Even I know you guys fly, on average, more legs than 3 legs a day. I talked to a friend of mine and his 4 day had 5 legs the first day, 5 on the second, 2 on the third which still had 7.5 hours, and 5 on the last day. He said he was exhausted. You can't fool anyone, you guys work the hardest. GL isn't lying.

I am sure your friend flew as he told you. I did NOT say we didn't have days with 5 or more legs. I said the system average is 3.

Here is the data from our February union rag comparing this January stats to the last 5 Januarys:

System wide legs/day 2007 3.02 Last 5 Jans 3.09
Scheduled days/month 2007 12.98 Last 5 Jans 13.13
Block hrs/day 2007 6.44 Last 5 Jans 6.42

So ON AVERAGE, a line at SWA will work 13 days, block about 82 hours, and average 3 legs a day. Obviously, a brand new guy or the Dallas based guys will have a worse schedule, but seniority seems to come pretty quickly here.

Fly safe.

Even I know you guys fly, on average, more legs than 3 legs a day. I talked to a friend of mine and his 4 day had 5 legs the first day, 5 on the second, 2 on the third which still had 7.5 hours, and 5 on the last day. He said he was exhausted. You can't fool anyone, you guys work the hardest. GL isn't lying.

Wouldn't believe you have any friends outside of a 900 number but who knows. As far as GL, he is about the biggest moron ever to type on a message board. He talks about SWA, yet spits out some incredibly stupid tirade that is so far from the reality at SWA, it doesn't even resemble Southwest or the work here. You would have to define "works the hardest" for me as I don't consider 12 days a month work. If it is the flying then I don't consider 7-9 hour duty days much work either. Word of advice, next time you think someone works to hard think about the guy who is a DJ at a strip bar. His buddies probably lambaste him for working until 2 AM.

Word of advice, next time you think someone works to hard think about the guy who is a DJ at a strip bar. His buddies probably lambaste him for working until 2 AM.

Man that strip bar gig is tough! You also have to come up with your own catchy phrases like:

-"Remember gentlemen, each and everyone of these girls is available for your very own fantasy dance"

-"The touch and go policy is in effect...you touch you go"

--"Now put your hands together, and give it up for Tawni"

Latest resources

Back