• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you'll be the richest non oil man in Lubbock for a short 12 hour layover. Who cares? You're still laying over in LBB. Yippy. 6 legs to go until your Boise layover.

What's wrong with Lubbock? Have you ever been there? I spent a year there in the early '90s and it wasn't too bad.

Now can someone at SWA get me a class date!

Jim

What's wrong with Lubbock? Have you ever been there? I spent a year there in the early '90s and it wasn't too bad.

Now can someone at SWA get me a class date!

Jim

Why haven't you been back there since? I thought so. Don't worry, if you get hired by SWA, you will be back often.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why haven't you been back there since? I thought so. Don't worry, if you get hired by SWA, you will be back often.

Bye Bye--General Lee

20 lines out of 508 in MDW have LBB overnights in April. One night a pairing, most pairings only occur once on each line. I would not consider that "often".

20 lines out of 508 in MDW have LBB overnights in April. One night a pairing, most pairings only occur once on each line. I would not consider that "often".

Hey, that is a lot more often then the rest of the Major or legacy pilots.....You can have LBB, and enjoy it. Texas tech is there, right? Sweet!

My point is that SWA flying and layovers do not appeal to everyone. Some may enjoy seeing the world when they have to be away for 3 or 4 days. With Southwest though, you do get to see a lot of the USA, every trip. Good for you guys. Everyone has a choice, and some may want the SWA lifestyle and pay. If so, great. Not everyone does, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, that is a lot more often then the rest of the Major or legacy pilots.....You can have LBB, and enjoy it. Texas tech is there, right? Sweet!

My point is that SWA flying and layovers do not appeal to everyone. Some may enjoy seeing the world when they have to be away for 3 or 4 days. With Southwest though, you do get to see a lot of the USA, every trip. Good for you guys. Everyone has a choice, and some may want the SWA lifestyle and pay. If so, great. Not everyone does, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And you have to realize that going to work for a bankrupt airline and risking furlough or worse all for the eventual prospect of international flying does not appeal to everyone either.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How long are your international layovers?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I tell what I will take LBB if you take Lagos. oh wait you already do. hold on what- how about those productivity brakes in ATL you do that to. Gimme a break!

And you have to realize that going to work for a bankrupt airline and risking furlough or worse all for the eventual prospect of international flying does not appeal to everyone either.

Wow, aren't you high and mighty? I guess you don't know our future plans? Things will be getting good, and remember, good ole Continental was in BK once or twice, and they are doing well now. We have gotten rid of the terrible management (Leo and the gang), brought our costs down and debt down, and have a plan to make plenty of revenue. If you want to fly the same plane the rest of your life, more than 4-5 legs a day on average, and fly to cities that aren't very fun with fairly short layovers, then do it. That doesn't float my boat, sorry. Your pay is great, but that may not be there in a few years. We had higher pay than you did, with more money in the bank, and look what happened. If Colleen Barret takes over for Gary Kelly you may be sunk.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back