• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although I'm not an airline guy, I love it when I hear "I want to see the world". Well it ain't that fun most of the time. Do you really want to see 12+30 and 5800nm to go on the FMS? I love going places, its the getting there that is a pain.

It ain't that fun if you're a corporate tool. In the airlines we swap out of the cockpit on scheduled breaks and sleep in bunks while we're getting paid. Dozing for dollars is best on long flights. Maybe you should apply to Southwest, you can get a ton of short flights at that airline.

That actually sounds like fun...... except Ty will be the one jerking gear. I'm already senior to him so that aint gonna change.

I've got a couple mean vodka recipes and I'll bet security won't be too tight so ole Ty and I will be able to push on time on our way to round up a couple love us long times.

Right Ty?

Gup

On the flights to Asia, I will be honored to jerk the gear, eat the chicken, take the fat one, and compliment Gup on the smoove autoland. :beer::beer::beer:

Hey Jrod, let the people who actually work at both answer these questions. Not your biased hopes and dreams. Like someone said, go clean a pool or mow a lawn in Peachtree City to grab your LOR.

Yeah, let's also stay out of the affairs of Egypt. It's their deal. All cameras off there. Nobody should see what they are doing but themselves. Thanks Einstein!

Skywiz asked about the pros/cons of working at DAL and SWA. You have worked at neither, or doubt you have a degree in foreign affairs (reference your immature Egypt rebuttal). Let the people that actually work at these 2 airlines answer his question with facts, not what your daddy tells you. If you respond with "nobody should see what they are doing but themselves", then you have no stake in this discussion because you do not work at either.

Although I'm not an airline guy, I love it when I hear "I want to see the world". Well it ain't that fun most of the time. Do you really want to see 12+30 and 5800nm to go on the FMS? I love going places, its the getting there that is a pain.

I think you need to go to Uranus, you meany!! If you don't want to do the work (flying the plane), don't do the job. You sound more like Julie, the cruise director from The Love Boat. Everybody now......"The Love Boat, exciting and new, come aboard, we're expecting yoooouuuu, especially you corporate tools with no real work rules that can fly more than 12 hours in a day with a two man crew cause the boss's wife says so...."

Last edited:
The funny thing Jrod is Jetdriver69 probably makes more money than you and has more days off. So keep insulting with your childish remarks and go back to the kids table, maybe the regional boards is more your speed. And I bet you would sell out your fellow aviators to get JD69's resume.

Skywiz asked about the pros/cons of working at DAL and SWA. You have worked at neither, or doubt you have a degree in foreign affairs (reference your immature Egypt rebuttal). Let the people that actually work at these 2 airlines answer his question with facts, not what your daddy tells you. If you respond with "nobody should see what they are doing but themselves", then you have no stake in this discussion because you do not work at either.

Wait, you said it. My dad was a Captain at Delta (fNWA), so I do know something about it. And, I have plenty of friends there(like my new friend General Lee), so I can probably comment on what they say. Thanks for becoming a great moderator, though.

The funny thing Jrod is Jetdriver69 probably makes more money than you and has more days off. So keep insulting with your childish remarks and go back to the kids table, maybe the regional boards is more your speed. And I bet you would sell out your fellow aviators to get JD69's resume.

That's great if he makes more money, I don't care. I do fine right now, and have a good chance to do a lot better. I'm not in a bad spot at all. Many SWA pilots make more than other pilots too, but I don't envy them at all. Lots of legs per day in a 737 with no chance of "seeing the world" just doesn't impress me, but that's just me....... I aspire for MORE, and the better money will be there too. Flying corporate really doesn't interest me either, the "on call 24/7 for rich bosses" just isn't for me. He can have it. And you can shove it.

No, General Lee works there, so he knows what DAL is about lil' buddy and you do not. His responses have validity, yours do not.

Latest resources

Back