• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Open House

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didnt say anything stupid about SWA......I said they don't pay enuff for having to get your won type...plus the commuting, schedule, etc.

relax sunshine.....

They pay well enough for me! I think making $100K year 2 and retiring a millionaire sounds pretty good. Not to mention the outstanding corporate culture, bases, job security, yada, yada, yada.

See y'all there.

6000 total, ~2000 Turbine PIC, negative type.

Why is it that there !! are always!! excitable!!!!!! exclamation marks!!!!!! when everyone talks about southwest? holy $hit. Yes, i'd like to work for them, but stop being such whores.

I didn't see the Fed Ex connection until you mentioned it above. I know we stole the LOI and OPC from you guys.

Charlie Brown said:
They pay well enough for me! I think making $100K year 2 and retiring a millionaire sounds pretty good. Not to mention the outstanding corporate culture, bases, job security, yada, yada, yada.

See y'all there.

6000 total, ~2000 Turbine PIC, negative type.

retiring a millionaire is completely dependent on your stock in the 401(k) plan, which is depedent on the stock market.

You could "retire a millionaire" from Starbucks if your stocks performed well, this is not a "Southwest" thing

yes, lots of SWA pilots hired in the mid-80s are 401(k) millionaires, so are Microsoft employees and other companies

don't get too cocky, ala Delta

those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it

brokeflyer said:
they don't pay enuff.....not for having to buy your type too.....good luck.

Actually, nobody has to "buy" their type to get hired at SWA. Some people do, I'll admit, but not every pilot has.

Tejas

Learflyer,
How's this?

Alaska!!!!!!!!
Airtran!!!!!!!!
JetBlue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FedEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frontier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(who else is hiring?):)

I know what you are saying, though.

Whataburger said:
Seriously? I am pretty sure that first year FO's make the same as many NetJets Capts.

All 1st year F/Os at SWA make between $62,000 and $229,000? Awesome! We have pay rates all over the board. Without flying extra flying, the average NJA captain is pulling down $120,000 to $140,000 (depending on the schedule they bid) factoring in the OT earned from flying normal tours.

6 weeks vacation? Great!

50% match on 401K? Chingaling.

Cool. Good for you guys!!!

Most junior captain at NJA is AUG 2005 by the way.

Junior cappy at SWA is loosly around Jan of 2000.

That's extra career earnings by my slide rule.

Last edited:
Southwest is still better

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back