• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Open House

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those attending this will get noticed I've been told. It's considered another filter for the many applicants SWA has on file.

Is there any need to bring a copy of your resume, logbooks, college transcripts, etc.? Or is this more of a take a seat, listen to what they say and good luck type of event. Either way going with 1900TPIC and no type.

I am not going, but Rebekah Krone said no suits, ties, and resumes and all that. She made it out to be an informal information session. Anytime you can get facetime with the good folks in the PD would be a plus. I bet you would get noticed by doing this but by no means IMHO is this the only way to get noticed. For everyone else out there one thing I have done is about 1 1/2 yrs ago I was offered enrollment in their 'takeoff mentor' program. Once per quarter they have socials at one of their pilot bases. The most I have seen there is 10 to 15 at each gathering, so you really get to know the PD folks and the 3 line pilots that show up to each of them. That is a great way to go to get noticed as well and especially for those who don't meet mins (I didn't when I joined) to demonstrate sustained interest in the company. Who knows.. Then again also a great way to meet and impress someone enough to go vouch for you to their base CP before your DB. I am sure someone will disagree or call me crazy, just one man's humble opinion. Best of Luck to everyone going!!!

I am the spirit of Southwest Airlines!!!

Saturday June 10th
1300-1800
SWA Headquarters
Dallas Love Field
RSVP before June 5 (Name/ 'Yes' if at mins 'no' if not/tyed or not) at
[email protected]
Good luck and go Pistons!!!

Right now I'm planning on going if I can make my schedule work. Stats are almost 1800 Turbine PIC (not increasing), 737 type, and one unsuccessful interview in 2001.

low pic time

I am surprised that SWA is interviewing such low time PIC guy's/gal's without a 73 type? I interveiwed recently and I have over 4000 121 pic & checkairman experience & no type and a kickass attitude and killer LOR's...90 percent of the 14 that interviewed that day had simular experience. Out of my interview group only 2 were hired. Both Jackasses! Just kidding!! I didn't get hired, so obviously PIC time isn't an issue. Do you guys know someone to get an interview, or did they call you out of the blue? Thanks!

A Weiner

Latest resources

Back