Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be back....?!

letter has been received!
I am throwing in the towel this round since I got the letter in the mail for the Oct DB. The fat lady has sung this time but I will be back in a year following my dream to work at SWA. 7 references called, a letter I wrote Herb K. back in 1998 telling him that this was where I wanted to be when I started my flying career and his response, 2 in house recs both of whom were called.

I am looking forward to my next chance and loved every bit of the interview. I have tasted LUV and me "likes". Good luck to all I am looking forward to flying as your F.O. over at LUV maybe about this time next year. Until then I will drool everytime I see the Canyon blue. What a ride it has been..........

Good Luck to all for the Nov DB. I hope everyone gets the call.

What do they ask the people (references that is) that they call? Is it a general did you write this letter and know the person or what?

references

they call and ask all sorts of stuff. Like asking your buddy what they know about you and wanting to work at SWA. Type of person you are. Personality and experiences that they have had with you.

I had a friend interviewed in September and hired - no references called. References called is not the majic yea or nea - just part of the process.

It is seems pure voodoo at times. Some get refs called, others nothing. Some hired, most not. I would love to be the "fly on the wall" at a decision board to learn more. There is no magic answer, i.e. once three refs called you're in or whatever. It won't happen. Best of luck to all. I'm waiting too.

How long does it usually take for them to check your Rec's after the interview?

Have heard some rumblings of either thr 14th or even as early as the 8th or 9th? Can anyone (with a good source) confirm or add to the rumor?

Latest resources

Back