• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
May 15!

Thanks Pilot01.

Its not May 1 but I'll take it.

to waste time:

Removing old flight bag stickers to make room for some new ones. :D

Is the board actually meeting on the 15th and 16th or is it one of the two?

Either way it's not going to soothe the soul until there is no mail thru about the 18th or so. I live close to Dallas so mail takes a day to get here. I must say that the constant replay of the interview and personal critique, in my mind, has started to subside a bit. However, the anticipation is worsening. Good luck to all awaiting the news. For the record, I am wearing my Texas flag boxers, drinking much Shiner, and sporting the rally cap for good luck.

Keep the thread going, it's killing me to see this thread on page two.

Loi

We were briefed that there was no right or wrong answer. It was more about how you get to your DECISION more than anything else. Rumor has it some senior military bubba came in with his RIGHT answer & spilled it out in 30 seconds or less with little or no input from anyone else. DENIED.

For what it's worth.

JV

Let's talk #'s. They are full tilt interviewing. Just received an e-mail from a friend that interviewed last week. 16/day. 4 days a week x 4 weeks. That comes out to 256. Lets just say that they only come up with 225 for the month. These are all just assumptions after the 16/day. It could be a little higher, maybe lower but I'll just assume lower. If you have a one day decision board, then an 8 hour board, 480 minutes, that comes out to 2minutes and 11 seconds for the board to equally look at all apps. If you have all 3 interviewers, plus the LOI results, that isn't much time for them to mull over you. Hellova way to go about it, and still see you as an individual.

Dick

Richard Gozinya said:
Let's talk #'s. They are full tilt interviewing. Just received an e-mail from a friend that interviewed last week. 16/day. 4 days a week x 4 weeks. That comes out to 256. Lets just say that they only come up with 225 for the month. These are all just assumptions after the 16/day. It could be a little higher, maybe lower but I'll just assume lower. If you have a one day decision board, then an 8 hour board, 480 minutes, that comes out to 2minutes and 11 seconds for the board to equally look at all apps. If you have all 3 interviewers, plus the LOI results, that isn't much time for them to mull over you. Hellova way to go about it, and still see you as an individual.

Dick

Dick,

Great to hear from you again man! - we'll have to catch up more later on some old "o-club" stories ...

I don't think any hiring program is completely perfect, but I like that SWA has line pilots very involved in the process, and they wait and try to evaluate everyone as equally as they can at one time each month, rather than luck of the draw each day. Not like this everywhere.

Ben

Benjamin Dover said:
Dick,

Great to hear from you again man! - we'll have to catch up more later on some old "o-club" stories ...

(your post above is your first post)

I don't think any hiring program is completely perfect, but I like that SWA has line pilots very involved in the process, and they wait and try to evaluate everyone as equally as they can at one time each month, rather than luck of the draw each day. Not like this everywhere.

Ben

lets see, two new 2006 posters in sequence, "good to hear from you again man" as if you guys are in contact over the last few months

"we'll have to catch up on o-club stories" ????

dude try not to talk to yourself so much (two user names)

Fishing

Back to the issue:

Actually went fishing. Haven't done that in years! Bagged one too. Let's just say it was bigger than the lure. :0

Nine days. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go back out to the lake again.

Let's talk more #'s. 4500 hours/1381 posts=3.26:1 ratio. dude, logging captain time at the controls of the FBO golf cart won't help get you out of that lonely hole you crawled out of.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back