SWA May '06 DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
Guys...this process we have in place is not perfect, to quote a Chief Pilot. Its the best we got and its worked so far. Herb couldn't even get "his pilot" hired here. We reject a lot of fine people. I personaly know of 5 friends that would do an excellent job here that did not make it. Hats off to the guys/girls that try for a second time to get in. There might be more people here that got in there second time then got in the first time.

It sucks.... thats a fact. The Company trys to do the right thing and protect the "culture". I would consider this place worth the wait... but everyone has to decide what is best for them. I personaly was bumed out when US Airways didn't hire me in 1999. Now, I look back and think differently upon that whole experience. Heck even CaptMark's company didn't hire me, I guess I was to happy for 'em.... the point is - things will work out in the end. Keep trying to get to where you want to be.

Talking to a Chief Pilot recently... he stated 8000 + pilots by 2012. In the next 6 years we will be hiring 3000 pilots without retirements. You have not missed the bus entirely. 250 flights out of MDW by summer, adding gates everywhere!! Keep your chin up! PM me if you have any questions...

Now, I'm going to return you to your regularly scheduled and "hated" SWA/FO show........

Because its hard out here for a :pimp:

Dude...that was one of the most useful and nice things you have posted...nice work!!!

I thought something like that was going to happen...thanks

I use to be a very helpful and joyful guy then the attacks arrived.. then I became a freedom fighter! :uzi:

:pimp:

Loi

I think it was different this time around.

Two years ago, neither choice was simple. This time it seemed more straight forward. Maybe it was just me.

Another time burner:

telling all your friends how you thought you did:laugh:

dreading the thought of telling them what you think you did wrong if you don't get called!:puke:

More ways to kill time

Go to costco and see how much I could save for first year pay by buying a 50 lb. bag of rice

Go fishin'

call all my references to see if they were called yet

May DB?

Anyone? Anyone? A date? Anyone?

No jokes, please. I am happily married.

Seriously, who keeps posting the DB dates? Someone with a Chief Pilot link?

More time wasters:

tuning up the ol' airport rat so if I get the call, I can drive it to the new domicile

making sure my cell phone always has a full charge by telling the wife I have to go in case they call.........;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back