Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASA Captain

SWA May '06 DB for April Interviewees

Anyone have info on the May decision board?

Tick, tock. 6 weeks is a long time. I guess its not too long to find out your future for the next 30 years.:erm:

Last edited:
Passing Time

Anyone? I know they said 4-6 weeks but any idea of a date? How far ahead do they set a date?

Second Topic:
What to do during the six weeks while waiting to hear.....

Fly safe
Chew nails
Mow grass
Check flightinfo.com on a ten minute basis for news on references and db
Polish shoes for the first days in ground school
Try not to think about the alternative and subsequent agonizing wait for another shot
Try not to think about how long six weeks is

Do you think a nervous breakdown would show up on the background check?:nuts:

I'll add this to your list: Constantly rehash in your mind all that you said in the interview and wonder if that killed your chances.

DorkProp said:
I'll add this to your list: Constantly rehash in your mind all that you said in the interview and wonder if that killed your chances.

aint that the truth. I did that for a while. Figured out a few possible "oopses" that I'll correct for next time. Then...move on till next round. I'll get em next time...until then, they'll be short one pilot. :beer:

Do you know something?

DorkProp said:

Thanks. I wasn't worried, but now I can't sleep because I keep re-answering the questions trying to see where I killed my chances. AHHHHHH! :crying:

How 'bout this one:

Constantly reading the crawler on CNN for news of the decision board meeting.

How do you guys think the LOI went?

When I did my SWA interview, I was disappointed in the LOI. Most had a closed airport with a disabled aircraft or a medical diversion. I had one that I felt was a no win scenario. (No it wasn't the Kobyashi Maru)

I don't think that one of the two that interviewed me liked my solution and of course I have no way of knowing how it affected my outcome. I just have a nagging suspicion of that being the reason I don't wear a SWA uniform.

Best of luck.

A350

I interviewed on April 11, 2006. Anyone know when the board meets for that interview date? Thanks in advance.

Guys...this process we have in place is not perfect, to quote a Chief Pilot. Its the best we got and its worked so far. Herb couldn't even get "his pilot" hired here. We reject a lot of fine people. I personaly know of 5 friends that would do an excellent job here that did not make it. Hats off to the guys/girls that try for a second time to get in. There might be more people here that got in there second time then got in the first time.

It sucks.... thats a fact. The Company trys to do the right thing and protect the "culture". I would consider this place worth the wait... but everyone has to decide what is best for them. I personaly was bumed out when US Airways didn't hire me in 1999. Now, I look back and think differently upon that whole experience. Heck even CaptMark's company didn't hire me, I guess I was to happy for 'em.... the point is - things will work out in the end. Keep trying to get to where you want to be.

Talking to a Chief Pilot recently... he stated 8000 + pilots by 2012. In the next 6 years we will be hiring 3000 pilots without retirements. You have not missed the bus entirely. 250 flights out of MDW by summer, adding gates everywhere!! Keep your chin up! PM me if you have any questions...

Now, I'm going to return you to your regularly scheduled and "hated" SWA/FO show........

Because its hard out here for a :pimp:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Just like any other checkride, you prepare and do your best. You just keep going till they tell you to stop. Did we stop at 2nd base when we were in 10th grade, or keep on trying for 3rd?

Dick

Latest resources

Back