• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA locks in more hedges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah your Captains are now making less than your FOs used to (and you gave away scope.....again) but at least you have the important stuff left.

I just don't think that is accurate. One thing is for sure though, thanks to your senior guys (who got all of the stock options) pushing for Age 65, a lot of you won't get that Captain pay check for awhile. Hey, we just got a 17% raise over the next 4 years. Maybe we will catch up to you someday. I hope so. In the meantime, enjoy ELP.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope NWA gets DOH.

Gup

Very very unlikely (no airline has gotten a true DOH, especially 2 ALPA carriers). And, if we get close to what Dalpa proposed (which was relative seniority after the bottom 400 are all NWA due to planes leaving the fleet), I will do very well. Not a windfall, but really well.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Two things....first the General has never told us how much open time he has picked up while his bretheren were on the street!!! Second, I am sure the prices will skyrocket again when the tensions in the Middle East rise again.

I don't remember picking up a greenslip while our guys were furloughed, but I have picked up a lot since they got back. Lots of green. And, if tensions rise in the Middle East again, I think we will be ready. Remember, if prices go up, and gas goes up, domestic loads fall because middle income passengers (your staple) tend to stay home and not travel as much. You don't want that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hmmm, interesting thoughts. First, if DAL is staying in nice hotels for SECURITY reasons then I guess you can't get out much, eh ?? Which, of course, means your concessionary dollars don't buy you as much -- especially in overseas places where the dollar isn't so strong (read most everywhere). But hey, you're INTL where most people dislike Americans !! And that last little bit - it just makes me laugh ....:D

Really? You're a DC10 Capt and stay in krappy INTL hotels? That suks. We do stay at great hotels all over the world, but we also know where to go for dinners etc, and what is safe. But, some places have resorts that are wonderful on their own, like Rio. Great pool, great scenery. Kinda like Amarillo, except different. Do you fly for Omni? Fedex? Who else flies DC10s?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Genital Lee. If life is so good at DAL, why are you so concerned about what others are doing?

Genital Lee. If life is so good at DAL, why are you so concerned about what others are doing?

Well, Cobra Kai, I enjoy this whole industry, and I have plenty of opinions, which is still allowed. My first comment on this thread wasn't meant as a slam, but Southwest guys have bigger egos than I do. They are SHOCKED when someone says "hey, I don't want to fly a corndog." I have always praised them on certain things (like pay, stews, management for now, etc), but when I say something like "I don't want to fly a 737 forever with multiple leg days and 25 minute turns"---they go postal. They can't believe that someone doesn't want to do what they do. It amuses me to no end. But, if they enjoy legs from LAS to AMA, then good for them. Someone has to provide that service. If they didn't, Allegiant might.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't post too much on here, I just like a good laugh. But I do have to say to General Lee, who usually gives me a good laugh because I don't think he/she is all that bright....why is it ALWAYS Southwest that you pick on? When I see that, I automatlcally think "jealousy." I don't fly for Southwest, but I do know they are a great airline with great management. I would take that, no matter what the layovers are, any day over working at most other airlines right now. I have a family to support and bills to pay. Just because an airline doesn't fly to Rio or Paris, doesn't make that airline a crap airline. It does mean that the pilots at that airline (Southwest) are making enough money, that on their 16-20 days off, they can take a trip, on their own, over to Rio or Paris, jumpseating on Delta. By the way, don't forget that Delta has more than a few 737's. And don't forget where you came from. I can't believe what this industry has come to. We all do the same thing. We fly airplanes. Yet, we can sit on this board and bad mouth other pilots and think nothing of it-just because we work for different companies. Guess what....we are all in the same boat. Any one of us can end up on the street. Even gen. lee.

the funny thing is, back in the day (about 10.000 Gen Lee posts ago), he was fairly objective on his posts. Sometime between '03 and the present the Gen got real offensive about SWA...
Wonder what that's all about?

Well, Cobra Kai, I enjoy this whole industry, and I have plenty of opinions, which is still allowed. My first comment on this thread wasn't meant as a slam, but Southwest guys have bigger egos than I do. They are SHOCKED when someone says "hey, I don't want to fly a corndog." I have always praised them on certain things (like pay, stews, management for now, etc), but when I say something like "I don't want to fly a 737 forever with multiple leg days and 25 minute turns"---they go postal. They can't believe that someone doesn't want to do what they do. It amuses me to no end. But, if they enjoy legs from LAS to AMA, then good for them. Someone has to provide that service. If they didn't, Allegiant might.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Good point. To each his own and I agree with you on that one. Anyways, good work on that "United Plus" contract several years ago. How's that working out? I still see "Delta" jets all over the place, although they look kind of small, much like your.....

I just don't think that is accurate. One thing is for sure though, thanks to your senior guys (who got all of the stock options) pushing for Age 65, a lot of you won't get that Captain pay check for awhile. Hey, we just got a 17% raise over the next 4 years. Maybe we will catch up to you someday. I hope so. In the meantime, enjoy ELP.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Age 65 does not affect me in any way whatsoever. We already have people who are flying in their 70s although that is probably not the route that I will take. As for my captain making less than copilot pay, that came direct from an ER pilot who sat on my jumpseat when I flew for a regional. Enjoy your hotel.

Latest resources

Back