• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA locks in more hedges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's great. Hopefully in those years we will have more wind energy and solar, along with some extra nuclear energy. If that is the case, oil should be below $50 a barrel, and that would really stink for you guys. T. Boone Pickens says "General Lee, you are a genius!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ya' know...I normally just ignore your drivel but you really are an ***********************************.

The run up on oil was artificial, as was the housing boom, as was the dot com era. Someone on wall street will soon expose the next avenue to the get rich quick scheme, and the government will be there to pad their pockets on the way up and use the taxpayers money to cushion the fall on the way down...History will repeat itself.

I would rather spend the night in LBB or in AMA working for a great company that takes care of its people, than any European hotel while working for a company that treats its employees like the washroom toilet.

Which half of this year did oil drop below 77?

Ya' know...I normally just ignore your drivel but you really are an ***********************************.

Please go back to ignoring it. I don't care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would rather spend the night in LBB or in AMA working for a great company that takes care of its people, than any European hotel while working for a company that treats its employees like the washroom toilet.

I really enjoy my job, and I think we are treated fairly well these days. Yes, BK was tough on everyone, but overall I think things are turning around, and I think the NWA guys will like DL much more than NWA. And, we stay in VERY nice hotels in Europe/South America/Africa/Asia for security reasons. I don't think your Captains could afford the regular room prices of these INTL hotels. But hey, you saw all of these cities in the Air Force while you wore your green flight suit and cool shades looking like "Maverick"---so who cares, right? So, go enjoy ELP and HRL with your fun people. That is fantastic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah your Captains are now making less than your FOs used to (and you gave away scope.....again) but at least you have the important stuff left.

Two things....first the General has never told us how much open time he has picked up while his bretheren were on the street!!! Second, I am sure the prices will skyrocket again when the tensions in the Middle East rise again.

And, we stay in VERY nice hotels in Europe/South America/Africa/Asia for security reasons. I don't think your Captains could afford the regular room prices of these INTL hotels.
Bye Bye--General Lee

Hmmm, interesting thoughts. First, if DAL is staying in nice hotels for SECURITY reasons then I guess you can't get out much, eh ?? Which, of course, means your concessionary dollars don't buy you as much -- especially in overseas places where the dollar isn't so strong (read most everywhere). But hey, you're INTL where most people dislike Americans !! And that last little bit - it just makes me laugh ....:D

Latest resources

Back