• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA letters to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The economy is in the tank. Lots of airline industry folks are very concerned about how they are going to get through this winter. Angst and depression abound. WN is the easy target to unload on...simple as that.

A few months back I had a "first". SWA asked center for something direct....for ME! "Hey center, why don't you give Continental a short cut so we can get one?" And the controller did it for them! Told me to go direct AEX, straight into the wx. I politely declined. Of course that made me the f-in legacy guy who pads his paycheck.

Haha- that's a good story. No- you did the right thing- obviously there's all types at every carrier. Stereotypes aren't 50% valid

Glass House ? (huh) I just posted the letters of others from another web site that were quoted as being sent to Congress and the DOT.

Your comment about Glass Houses means that you agree that WN has some issues like NW Has. Good for you.

The topics of discussion are not aimed at you personally, why take it that way?

The airline industry as a whole has been going through many changes, most of which are controlled by the dollar and executives looking for bonuses to enhance their earnings at the expense of safety. We are the stop gap, period. Safety must come first for ourselves, our crew and most importantly, our passengers who pay our salary.

As professionals we are charged with the ultimate responsibility of the safety of the flight.

There are no options. Whatever decisions we make as PIC or SIC are final. Some of us play it close, weather for financial gain or other reasons, but the final responsibility remains with the crew.

There are turds at every airline and we all know that. Don't be a turd.

You know what your intent was. No carrier is perfect.

If you're gonna throw barbs, you might want to look in the mirror, Captain.

You're the one that took the time to start this thread.

Sometimes in order to go the extra mile for the company, you end up going the extra 850 feet!

Thanks... I am now cleaning Bud Light off my computer screen! I can't decide if that is more funny or profound. Is your name Jack Handy (aka Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy)? Either way it was a clean kill to this thread.

"Gentlemen, knowing SWA’s corporate culture of their cozy relationship with and their history of currying favor with Controllers"............... "the history of parties and gifts indicates that SWA may have bought"

Thanks for the reminder....I've got to wrote my check for the donation for a Flat Screen TV for the Controllers breakroom at BOS. They sure loved that Texas style B-B-Q we had for them last week...

Someone please tell the author of those letters that the FAA is, indeed, listening. I had two feds doing linechecks over this last four day trip......and they both fell asleep! By the way, SWA does things safer and better than the legacy I spent four years at.

There are turds at every airline and we all know that.

Turds and Flamers. Hopefully you and the Genital will get to share a cockpit soon. That's a flight I want my family on.

Anyone who does not like WN or their safety record is vested with in inalienable right to not fly them, don't jumpseat on them. Personally I think they offer the best value barr none, with an exceptional safety record that exceeds every major airline in the US without exception. The difference between WN and the other majors is that everywhere else safety is used as a rallying cry to be used as extortion during contract negotiations - how many times do we hear that pilots in negotiations need to "fly safe" and that write ups should happen at outstations - or taxi at a slow walk to simply cause delays and disruption. You never see this crap at WN, safety is not a tool to pressure management.

Latest resources

Back