SWA labor strife, strike on the horizon...

SWAdude

Total Time
Did you read the article?

Despite the breakdown, the union would have to meet several conditions of federal law that could take months before workers could go on strike. Union officials did not raise the prospect of a strike on Thursday.
Just another deceptful thread title.

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
Didn't the SWA F/A's almost go on strike a few years ago? Thought I recall their neg's not being very "labor fiendly"

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
All the rampers want is what CAL pilots make......

Tanker Clown

KC-10 IP
Total Time
1700+
I just hope the pilots take what the company gives. I hear some nonsense about retro pay. That's BS. If I were there, I'd vote for the company offer. They need to keep the company healthy and growing. I only got a few more years before retirement...and I want to be hired at a growing company. I really don't want to sit any reserve.

Skybus

Total Time
lots
Sorry to disappoint everybody BUT..... this is part of the process. Not the first time nor the last time. They are not that far apart and it will be settled. Same with the pilots, and the F/As. We just hope all of the other compainies labor groups can grow some balls so that we can get some decent pay raises in the future.

Who would have thought we would be on the top looking down... WAY down.....

Also TC why don't you take your foolishness someplace else. Obviously you are just here to yank peoples chain. Hopefully everybody has realized this by now.

Richard Gozinya

Vikings Fan
Total Time
WFB
I just hope the pilots take what the company gives. I hear some nonsense about retro pay. That's BS. If I were there, I'd vote for the company offer. They need to keep the company healthy and growing. I only got a few more years before retirement...and I want to be hired at a growing company. I really don't want to sit any reserve.
Mark the Village Idiot down for a yes vote........only problem is he doesn't get one!

DG

Tanker Clown

KC-10 IP
Total Time
1700+
Mark the Village Idiot down for a yes vote........only problem is he doesn't get one!

DG
You don't know your own association. Ask other pilots. They all will tell you that they'll vote in the first thing they see. There's a lot of retired mil folks like there, and they don't want to rock the boat.

Ask around.

p.s. I'll have a vote in no time.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Big difference between rampers and pilots. Rampers got nuthin' to lose. Those that don't believe me weren't here in 2000. Ugly.

Gup

ron burgundy

Total Time
12000+
A$$ CLOWN!!

Skybus

Total Time
lots
Huh? or any Christmas in MDW an example?

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Total Time
15 min
Wow...I thought everyone was happy at SWA.
Hopefully everything can be worked out.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Wow...I thought everyone was happy at SWA.
Hopefully everything can be worked out.
"Everyone" is mighty broad. Most of the pilots for sure are happy. I'm overall happy but certainly feel two years with no contract is too long. I don't need a huge raise but I will vote no for any contract that does not have retro and COLA past and future.

"Happy" is a 51% solution. You ought to know that.

Gup

SWAdude

Total Time
"Everyone" is mighty broad. Most of the pilots for sure are happy. I'm overall happy but certainly feel two years with no contract is too long. I don't need a huge raise but I will vote no for any contract that does not have retro and COLA past and future.

"Happy" is a 51% solution. You ought to know that.

Gup
I would guess 90% of our pilots agree with this assessment.

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
I just hope the pilots take what the company gives. I hear some nonsense about retro pay. That's BS.
Hmmm...but it wasn't BS when the F/A's got retro...right? After all...they all got their retro checks just after the contract was ratified.

OK for F/A's...but not for pilots? Which side are you on? I guess we already know.