• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Interview!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of my senior Captain references at SWA said, "Do not wear anything but a dark suit, white shirt, nice tie, black shoes, and black belt." The lady who did my interview prep said the same thing. You dont want them to remember your tie or shirt, you want them to remember you. In addition, you want them to concentrate on you, not what your wearing.
Good luck.

BID: We're not talking about FA interviews, we're talking pilot interviews.

OK, that was a joke, just felt like somebody had to say it.

FJ

Juvat said:
...Pardon my inability to see things from your perspective, but where in the world is the correlation between military service and wearing a white shirt to an airline interview? Do enlighten us with your wisdom.

In the meantime, a revision to my previous advice: Wear the canyon blue shirt. With pride. But don't iron it--that would be too "military." And be sure to slip in some snide remark about military pilots during the interviews. SWA needs to get to know the "real you" in order to make a good hiring decision.

I could'nt agree more! But, how about some Canyon Blue Socks?

FJ, Nice

Anyway, kinda of a funny thread, starts about a shirt and becomes civilian vs. military, huh. I say you wear a black shirt and black pants and call yourself "Johnny"

On a serious note, good luck and hope you get the job.

B

toa2mdt,

Good luck in the interview...regardless of which shirt/tie you choose...go & have a great time, enjoy the day & be yourself....congrats on the call & I wish you good luck!!!! Thanks for applying to SWA.

"We give each other endless s*^& all the time and do not allow perceived errors in speach"

That's how you know your accepted. Its when they don't give you sh*t that you are talking to someone waay outside of your paygrade or you don't like 'em.

"we former military types don't give slack to people who ask weak questions about how to dress'

Since when has being in the Air Force mean you are in the military?

A former Marine, yes the white shirt.

Personally, I'd wear a jock strap and a viking helmet. I'd stagger in with a bottle of jim beam and a pack of Kools and hope for the best. When they asked me about a time I failed at something I'd reference my dozen or so stints in rehab that just won't take.

ferlo...

ferlo said:
Personally, I'd wear a jock strap and a viking helmet. I'd stagger in with a bottle of jim beam and a pack of Kools and hope for the best. When they asked me about a time I failed at something I'd reference my dozen or so stints in rehab that just won't take.

Man, I think you would have aced the interview except for one item...you have to know the company culture...the Jim Beam sunk you. Gotta have the Wild Turkey, or nothing.;)

Latest resources

Back