• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's that I hear?......Crickets?.....Oh wait....that's just Fudgepackers head about to explode.....

Sad really...somewhere in Nome, Alaska, an Alaska pilot is about to beat up his Blow-up Doll.........

I heard in Alaska you don't really lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn....

Forgot to mention had I been on full 2nd yr pay that 160 tfp month would have been $14,300. A Capt SQ mate of mine pulled down $52k one month. Pretty happy with my decision to jump to SWA even if I sit in the right seat for half my career.

Oh yea, tax dollars paid for my type....

Anything you pick up from the company during your first year is at 2nd yr pay - huge, very nice perk. Plus anytime you manage to pick up some premium time it goes a premium rates (usually double TFP) times 2nd yr pay....

I'm pretty sure that on premium pay trips you got 1.5 X's first year pay? Must be a change.

I'm pretty sure that on premium pay trips you got 1.5 X's first year pay? Must be a change.

Whatever the premium TFP total is, I guarantee it is paid at full 2nd yr rates. It was so confusing to me at first I had to bring in SWAPA contract admin to audit my first few months til I got the hang of it....

Whatever the premium TFP total is, I guarantee it is paid at full 2nd yr rates. It was so confusing to me at first I had to bring in SWAPA contract admin to audit my first few months til I got the hang of it....

Well it's been a few years since I was on first year pay it's still a pretty good deal,either way.

HuronIP,
That changed in the last contract...It's only the flying that you do above your original scheduled line amount, Original line was 96, anything picked up from the company above 96 is paid at the second year pay...We were hired under old system, still lucrative BUT not like it was.

KBB

A tfp is more than a mileage- it's a formula where we get paid more for the terminal areas and slightly less enroute, and start getting paid by the minute 5 minutes after scheduled block- it's evolved over time to adapt to our changing type of flying and tries to align incentives where possible. Hourly conversions on APC are terribly inadequate

Whaler- that's fantastic brother-
Contractual changes have definitely happened- when I was probing we avoided any premium flying and extra flew at the greater 2nd year rate- ($50/tfp x 1.5=$75. Vs $84tfp 2nd year rate)
I'm guessing you got moved up during your extra fly to get premium on 2nd year pay?

(pss.. Any off duty pilot can take a trip from a reserve for extra fly at any time- that was a great way to get 2nd year pay)

FubiTroll- you just don't know man, it's that simple.

Considering it now takes a decade for a SWA pilot to upgrade, did any of you ever consider NOT picking up extra flying would require the airline to employ more pilots and increase the number of Capt seats?

Instead of that, you'd rather staple the AAI guys and take THEIR Capt seats and upgrades.

What a bunch of greedy, arrogant jerks.

Considering it now takes a decade for a SWA pilot to upgrade, did any of you ever consider NOT picking up extra flying would require the airline to employ more pilots and increase the number of Capt seats?

Instead of that, you'd rather staple the AAI guys and take THEIR Capt seats and upgrades.

What a bunch of greedy, arrogant jerks.

Why not? It's worked so well for every other airline out there. Let's be less productive and increase our staffing levels!

That wouldn't be greedy or arrogant would it?

Latest resources

Back