• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had a guy do over 60 grand in a month a couple months ago. I'm sure he can't do that every month, but if he doesn't crack 500k, I'd be really surprised.

Sorry, but no one deserves half a mil to fly an airplane. ~$250K for a senior capt. should be the theoretical ceiling as its commensurate with the skill and responsiblity. The rest should be allocated to the rest of the junior pilots who need the work and money.

Sorry, but no one deserves half a mil to fly an airplane. ~$250K for a senior capt. should be the theoretical ceiling as its commensurate with the skill and responsiblity. The rest should be allocated to the rest of the junior pilots who need the work and money.

Comrade!!!!.....I agree!! The Central Committee will determine the pay of the pilot......and if you don't agree,we will give you a nice little Holiday....in Siberia!!

We are the 99%!!

( pssst...Comrade...there are some sexy, little comradettes down at OWS...)

Actually, it's not quite like this. I don't like to get into the money discussions, because it is a little crass (plus I don't want Zonejumper thinking I'm compensating for "shortcomings," 'cause actually, MY "shortcoming" is where I can actually hang my hat and cheap rayon tie, if you know what I mean <wink><wink>), but there's plenty of salary to go around here. A junior captain (me, for instance) with ten years of service makes just over $225k MINIMUM wth our latest 2% payraise. That's for the bare minimum of flying your line (100 tfp/mo). That's me--quality of life and all. If you want to work it, you can average 130 - 140 tfp/mo (Do the math yourself). Hard chargers can make even more that that. Senior F/O's make 70% of that ($158k) MINIMUM. We even have "player" F/O's pushing the high 200ks closing on 300k. There's no need for "allocating" the money for junior pilots.

'Course you actually work for it here. No one sits around on their ass doing nothing and collecting a paycheck at SWA.

That's the power of having more efficient pilots and leaner manning. You can pay your pilots more and still make money. What Fubijaakr advocated above, and what ALPA preaches, is complete crap and counter to any enduring business model: cap the amount of work an employee can do so you need more employees. That is ludicrous. That's ALPA working against the company instead of with it.

I mean, what would you have us do, Fubi? Hire extra guys off the street so we can spread out our work (and money) just to stick it to the company? Classic ALPA. We could pay pilots to sit at home on reserve and do nothing. Then there's no extra flying for anyone. Yo, chucklehead: This is NOT a charity business. Our model works well for everyone here: we make money, the employees are well-compensated, we grow our product, and then we hire more employees as needed, and compensate them just as well. We don't hire extra folks just to satisfy a national union's agenda. That hamstrings the company's efficiency and hurts all of us.

That's why I work here, and not there. Oh yeah, also I enjoy myself here, and for the most part, have outstanding and fun-to-be-around coworkers. That was true when I started here, and we weren't the best paid. That's why this is the only airline I've ever applied to.

Bubba

I mean, what would you have us do, Fubi? Hire extra guys off the street so we can spread out our work (and money) just to stick it to the company

Nope. I'm just suggesting that if you were properly staffed, there wouldn't have been such a heavy push to steal the AAI guys seniority and Capt seats.

But, whatever, Bubba. You guys just keep those F/O yanking you gear for the next 12-15 years while you fly double lines.

Then maybe you can push for Age 70 and stagnate everyone's career (except yours, of course) for ANOTHER 5 years.

Find an FO at AT or WN who wants your version of a "properly staffed" airline.
To us, you're talking about flight attendants on layovers-
Oh yeah- but you're a troll- weird arguments repeated are the JD

Fubi,

Nice try buddy. Let it go, you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to SW staffing and work rules. There's plenty of both...working your butt off, or giving it away. To each their own, it's a great system. Works well for the pilots and the company.

Fudgepacker,

I take it then that you are retiring at 60 next year along with all the other Alaska pilots?

After all, you do have a Golden Defined Benefit Package that's rock solid....

Why would you hold up those poor,junior guys that are suffering through the B-scale and stuck in the right seat?

Don't be Greedy....

You're like those hypocritical wealthy Hollywood buffoons that cry "we should all pay more taxes!" but when asked why they dont voluntarily "do the right thing" and write a check to the IRS, they started stammering and are suddenly at a loss for words.....

GO ALPA!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back