• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eskimo on the tail? I was told that was Colleen. Who's telling the truth?

Too funny...many of us wondered if Colleen actually had been born and raised in Fairbanks and invested a lot of money in Alaska....

Honestly though, the first time I saw an Alaska jet I was delivering an F15 to Elemendorf. I told the other guys in my Squadron that some airline had painted Wolfman Jack on the tail. Thought that was pretty cool....

New hire at SWA this year. First month I pulled 160 TFP's without trying too hard and half of that was at 2nd yr rates. So my first month I managed $11,500 (including per diem). The last airline I was at my pay rate was $75 an hour. And my last month there I made just over 5k. So there is huge amount that the APC pay rates don't show...So according to some on here I shouldn't have left my $75 an hour job for my $50 a trip job.

New hire at SWA this year. First month I pulled 160 TFP's without trying too hard and half of that was at 2nd yr rates. So my first month I managed $11,500 (including per diem). The last airline I was at my pay rate was $75 an hour. And my last month there I made just over 5k. So there is huge amount that the APC pay rates don't show...So according to some on here I shouldn't have left my $75 an hour job for my $50 a trip job.

Iam proud of you grass hopper. You have learned fast and well :)

If you pick up extra flying, is it paid at 2nd year pay when you are on probation? Thats a nice perk.

And your wits led you to the P3 followed by a low paying regional job flying a 3rd world jet with a picture of an Eskimo on the tail?

And that's the difference between us, Sacka. You utterly lack inductive OR deductive reasoning. On top of that, you appear to disrespect honorable military service. Perhaps its envy since you obviously couldn't cut it.

I can admit the 737 is the entry level jet in the 3rd world and am not ashamed to fly it. Nor to I have to wave my paycheck in anyone's face in order to feel superior.

Last edited:
a trip is 243 miles or the distance from dallas to houston (I think or was it dallas to San Antonio?)

If you pick up extra flying, is it paid at 2nd year pay when you are on probation? Thats a nice perk.

Anything you pick up from the company during your first year is at 2nd yr pay - huge, very nice perk. Plus anytime you manage to pick up some premium time it goes a premium rates (usually double TFP) times 2nd yr pay....

What's that I hear?......Crickets?.....Oh wait....that's just Fudgepackers head about to explode.....

Sad really...somewhere in Nome, Alaska, an Alaska pilot is about to beat up his Blow-up Doll.........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back