• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA goes after RJs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your almost right FA. But there are some that can't get hired at certain airlines and never would even get a call. Things like not college degree for some, or being fired at another 121 carrier. But other than that, you're right.

Or didn?t want to pay for a type if they didn't already have it from a previous carrier or from the military if they didn't want to contribute to the degradation of the industry.

Got mine at USAir. About the only thing of value I came out of there with before the furlough and the lost decade. Still don't think that is reason for people to get into an internet brawl over whose airline is better. It truly doesn't matter at the end of the day. We are all just pilots trying to make a living.

Got mine at USAir. About the only thing of value I came out of there with before the furlough and the lost decade. Still don't think that is reason for people to get into an internet brawl over whose airline is better. It truly doesn't matter at the end of the day. We are all just pilots trying to make a living.

Sure, everyone is trying to make a living, but now pilots have a choice, and not all airlines are the same. Some are domestic only, some have infighting, some have variety. With 15,000 retirements at the big 3 alone, I'd say people should take a look at all (including some LCCs) of them and figure out the actual differences. Some are lead by competent management, some aren't. Some have contentious contracts coming up, some are due huge profit sharing. There are differences. FI can somewhat help show those, or point people in the right direction. Choosing a job that lasts a lifetime (until 65 anyway) is important.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Flop, how do your FOs handle your dementia?
I'm just curious

I agree General. That was the least offensive thing you've said in months. If every post were that thoughtful and reasonable I would have no beef. But instead they devolve into blame and personal attacks. None of us has any real control over how our airline conducts business. We just hope it's good enough to last to retirement with no major upsets. We can discuss the merit of individual carriers so that pilots can attempt to choose (though I still believe most pilots apply at all of them and go to the one that hires them first - that's what I did, several times). And we can do it without disparaging nicknames and personal attacks. We are better than this.

You and I have been on this site for a long time General. It didn't used to be this bad.

Flop, how do your FOs handle your dementia?
I'm just curious

Most are older than me. Flew with one hired in the late 70s not long ago (voluntary UAL furlough) said he was surprised I understood some of the stuff from the 80s as well as I did.

What I wonder about you is what makes you so sure of yourself. I was thinking about how long I've been arguing with you. You were fresh off the street and instantly a SWA expert. Knew it all from day 1. Somehow most of you hired by them are that way. It's very interesting. Furloughed is right, most of us just go with who hires us, but you guys are a little different.

Last edited:
Oh man, c'mon. I walked onto the SWA property already set financially and way more arrogant then than I am now.
(Kids will do that to you)
Maybe I'll learn humility at some point-

none of which makes your post above make any sense.

Oh man, c'mon. I walked onto the SWA property already set financially and way more arrogant then than I am now.

^^^you sure have turned into a huge weirdo^^^

If you became any more of a narcissist, you most likely wouldn't be able to hold a class 1 medical.
Wait....you're already set financially, hence the pft troll sellout you are!;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back