• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA goes after RJs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You lonely dalpa sellout- I know all people need attention, but stalking me on FI isn't gonna do much for you

Anybody like to comment on SWAPAs mind numbingly high contract goals:

1. A 10% pay increase over 5 years, and

2. An increase in Retirement of 2.3%.

YHGTBFSM :eek:

Note - Somebody translate the numbers for Wave. He'll be confused by the funny squiggles and slashes. It may lead to him become frustrated, have a quiet weep and then start an insightful new thread titled - "Why are horses ears soft, and is this related to people staring at me at the airport".

Those numbers seem about right, actually (although the retirement should be a non-elective contribution rather than a match). But I haven't seen those numbers from SWAPA. The newsletter never seems to be down in the crew lounge when I'm there. Is that what they're publicly saying are their goals?

One problem we have here is that so many people have accepted the line from SWAPA about our contract being so awesome, when it's really not that great. The pay rates are pretty good, but most all of the other sections range from average to weak. Unfortunately, a lot of pilots here came straight from the military or regionals, and can't and/or refuse to comprehend that there are better contracts out there. SWAPA will tell us what a great deal they have negotiated, and we will dutifully ratify it.

Interesting thread, though. Everything from Roomwithaview, aka "Mr Furious", to Scoot11 and his obsession with anything he perceives as PFT.

Nindiri-
I can agree with that- but get specific for this crowd.
What rules would you like to see better?

wave, about the only thing you have better than industry standard is minimum days off. Everything else is weak to downright awful. I'm amazed that your reserve pilots haven't completely revolted by now.

You lonely dalpa sellout- I know all people need attention, but stalking me on FI isn't gonna do much for you

Come on you PFT sellout! Just admit it. Use that nut drainer of yours for something other than making friends at the gym! Admit it!
You took one of those dreadful RJ jobs that you despise so much. Couldn't get a job anywhere, so you bought your job, like the PFT troll you are!
It's ok, with close to 10,000 posts, you're just as much of a colossal doosh as genital lee!

wave, about the only thing you have better than industry standard is minimum days off. Everything else is weak to downright awful. I'm amazed that your reserve pilots haven't completely revolted by now.

This is where you lose all credibility. You either are woefully misinformed or are deliberately disingenuous.

We have a lot of areas that are deficient and yes reserve is certainly one of them, retirement is another but to state the only piece that is above industry standard is minimum days off is demonstrably false.

How about codeshare and scope?

How about average daily guarantee of 6.5?

How about minimum day of 5.0?

How about the highest 737 rates?

As a matter of fact, how about highest narrow body rates except for the Delta 757 which pays $3.00 an hour more?

How about each and every pilot on the list earning those wages?

This is where you lose all credibility. You either are woefully misinformed or are deliberately disingenuous.

We have a lot of areas that are deficient and yes reserve is certainly one of them, retirement is another but to state the only piece that is above industry standard is minimum days off is demonstrably false.

How about codeshare and scope?

Nobody comes close. Not even in the same ballpark.

How about average daily guarantee of 6.5?

Same. His beloved DL has a rig that pays 21 for a 4 day with 3hr sits. Fail.

How about minimum day of 5.0?

How about the highest 737 rates?

As a matter of fact, how about highest narrow body rates except for the Delta 757 which pays $3.00 an hour more?

How about each and every pilot on the list earning those wages?

We are behind in retirement and work rules for reserves (but WAY ahead for lineholders). Nobody comes close to the days off on reserve....which in itself is huge.

Oh, and no Airport Reserve like AirTran had. That would suck.

Latest resources

Back