SWA f/o arrested for intoxication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DH2WN said:
The police pulled him off the flight and made him blow. If he was clean then there would be no story. Fact is he is in jail now for blowing over the limit.
That does not seem to be the case.

Hugh Jorgan said:
That does not seem to be the case.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/15002206.htm

From reading the latest news article, I already am getting a good feeling on a good outcome for the guy...

Seems like Air Marshal Daniel Love may have stepped up to the plate and offered up a freebie for our guy

Daniel Love, an air marshal with the U.S. Marshal Service, said it was "mathematically not possible to have a BAC of .039 the following day if Fulton had only consumed three drinks," the documents said.

satpak77 said:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/15002206.htm

From reading the latest news article, I already am getting a good feeling on a good outcome for the guy...

Seems like Air Marshal Daniel Love may have stepped up to the plate and offered up a freebie for our guy

Don't you think Marshal Love could be saying "this guy is lying... there is no way he ONLY had three drinks and still blow a .039 the next day." That's how I read it.

I'm glad to hear this was all bussllit! I hope he and his family are set for life on a defamation charge on the TSA or the media outlet that published the story. This whole thing pissis me off! We need to show some unity never say a word to the TSA folks.

Have sex with flight attendants on the road. Drink at home.

(That coming from a guy who flies boxes, so take it with a grain of salt...)

I'm not normally a litigious individual...

BUT THIS BROTHA GOTS TUH GET PAYEEED!!

...if for no other reason than to get the TSA to quit sniffing our asses.

This is great news. I am glad he was not above the legal limit. For him, his family and all of our profession's sake.

But I don't understand the whole lawsuit thing! Everybody is crying foul now that he blew a .039 which is below the limit. Do you not get it that TSA did nothing wrong? Are they supposed to only question you if they smell your breath and say, "Hmm, I smell alcohol, but it's probably only about a .02. I think I'll let him go." Yes, TSA power trip, blah, blah, blah. But they weren't wrong. You all act like they had no right to give him the breathalizer. Obviously they did.

It appears that he's going to not be guilty so let's just be grateful for that. But let's also be adult enough to realize that TSA did exactly what they should have on this one. They smelled alcohol and they were right.

Latest resources

Back