• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow!

Jack Mahogoff said:
Well said, agree 100%.

Also, do you know what the difference is between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson? Neil Armstrong likes to walk on the moon and Michael Jackson likes to f**k little boys! :)

I don't care who you are, where you are, or what your views are....that is some funny shnizel!

My hat is off too you Jack with that one.

.039% doesn't clear you. It just means that they'll have to prove that you were intoxicated, or that you drank within 8 hours, through some other means.

Cobraair75drvr said:
He says he had only 2 large beers at brewvies, 1 at the hotel, and oh yeah I forgot about that shot of vodka. Either I missed it or no one in this thread mentioned is what was the actual size of the "2 large beers", were they real large like "The Roaster" in SEA 32oz? If so this guy had a total of 6.5 beers and a shot. I read somewhere that the avg. male metabolizes alcohol at about 1 beer/shot per hour. So if this guy stopped at exactly 8 hours prior and went straight to bed, with a 1 hour show time you can see where he would/could still have some in his system. I admire (am jealous:) alot of times at the fun the SW crews appear to have on layovers, but maybe it is time for a 12 hour rule like we have at NW. And before anyone jumps my ass about our past and probably future incidents, my point is w/12hrs which everyone I have been out with adheres to religously this guy would probably never been in this situation.

Average adult male sobers up at about .015 per hour.

Example: 14 1/2 hour overnight. Your weight is 180lbs and you are a male. Have 8-12oz. beers over a two hour period at the bar. Assuming that your airline has a 12 hour rule, and you quit right on time, you would have no alcohol in your system (on average) in 9 1/2 hours.

There are a lot of good alcohol calculators on the net worth checking out. If you drink on overnights, its good to have an idea whats going to put you over the limit. Certainly, I'd not cut it as close as my example above, but you get the idea.

Girls, your BAC will increase quicker than guys do, so keep that in mind. TIME is the only way to get alcohol out of the system!

wings421 said:
Average adult male sobers up at about .015 per hour.

Example: 14 1/2 hour overnight. Your weight is 180lbs and you are a male. Have 8-12oz. beers over a two hour period at the bar. Assuming that your airline has a 12 hour rule, and you quit right on time, you would have no alcohol in your system (on average) in 9 1/2 hours.

There are a lot of good alcohol calculators on the net worth checking out. If you drink on overnights, its good to have an idea whats going to put you over the limit. Certainly, I'd not cut it as close as my example above, but you get the idea.

Girls, your BAC will increase quicker than guys do, so keep that in mind. TIME is the only way to get alcohol out of the system!

Coffee and a cold shower can lower it too.

Uppercrust said:
Coffee and a cold shower can lower it too.

oooo...yeah...um...I'm going to have go ahead and sorta disagree with you there

Cobraair75drvr said:
....maybe it is time for a 12 hour rule like we have at NW. And before anyone jumps my ass about our past and probably future incidents, my point is w/12hrs which everyone I have been out with adheres to religously this guy would probably never been in this situation.

SWA has 2 very distinct types of flying, AM's & PM's. Both afford you the chance to have a few drinks with the crew with well over 12 hours before your show. Common sense cannot dictate for the AM'er who wants to drink @ 11 PM. Nor can it save the PM'er who wants to drink at 6 AM. People have to make sane decisions first, and no rule (12 or 24 hours) is going to save certain people who have obvious problems adhering to the rules.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back