• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA f/o arrested for intoxication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
watch them argue that since it dropped from a .039 to .038 in 6 minutes that at the time he was attempting to act as crewmember he was > .04.

and they need to figure out what theyre saying. A BAC of .04 (4%) is much different than .04% blood alcohol.

frog_flyer said:
watch them argue that since it dropped from a .039 to .038 in 6 minutes that at the time he was attempting to act as crewmember he was > .04.

and they need to figure out what theyre saying. A BAC of .04 (4%) is much different than .04% blood alcohol.

I think the courts only recognize it at the "time of test"

as far as the %, yes, I saw diff figures in the news. I do think its .039 on the first one however. It would be nice if the news could get it straight

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I don't really care......

First an foremost, I wish this guy and his family all the best for his recovery. However, I cannot and will not defend a guy that shows up for work in the condition he was. Perhaps someone with an alcohol problem works just peachy when he is .039, but I sure as hell don't want him flying my family around. The three beers on an overnight of 14 hours is something I have done many a time. But the vodka is what did this guy in. It is not possible to blow more than a .02 12 hours after 3 beers.

Secondly, and this is where we are all missing the point. If I understand the timeline of what happened and when, if he blew a .039 an hour after he was removed from the plane, under normal circumstances he was .049 when he was sitting in the seat. That is OVER the limit.

As I sit here and read these posts, I can certainly understand the circling of the wagons around a fellow pilot who got shelled by the TSA. But this profession has taken some serious hits in the past few years by guys doing stupid crap that takes years to get out of the publics system. I still get comments about the poor NWA souls that were caught up at Fargo and allowed to fly to MSP.

I agree with a previous poster, forgive me I don't remember who, who said we all need to look out for each other and not allow this crap to continue.

Soapbox away.

A350

A350 said:

First an foremost, I wish this guy and his family all the best for his recovery. However, I cannot and will not defend a guy that shows up for work in the condition he was. Perhaps someone with an alcohol problem works just peachy when he is .039, but I sure as hell don't want him flying my family around. The three beers on an overnight of 14 hours is something I have done many a time. But the vodka is what did this guy in. It is not possible to blow more than a .02 12 hours after 3 beers.

Secondly, and this is where we are all missing the point. If I understand the timeline of what happened and when, if he blew a .039 an hour after he was removed from the plane, under normal circumstances he was .049 when he was sitting in the seat. That is OVER the limit.

As I sit here and read these posts, I can certainly understand the circling of the wagons around a fellow pilot who got shelled by the TSA. But this profession has taken some serious hits in the past few years by guys doing stupid crap that takes years to get out of the publics system. I still get comments about the poor NWA souls that were caught up at Fargo and allowed to fly to MSP.

I agree with a previous poster, forgive me I don't remember who, who said we all need to look out for each other and not allow this crap to continue.

Soapbox away.

A350

I agree. There is a way to avoid all of this. Don't drink on overnights or the night before you report for a trip. To many pilots push the limits. This guy just happen to get caught. He deserves what he gets. I would not want my friends and family flying on an airplane with this guy if he can't control his urges for the alcohol.

A350 said:

Soapbox away.

A350

Have to agree with you here. It's pretty simple...follow the rules.

Lame Lizard said:
I agree. There is a way to avoid all of this. Don't drink on overnights or the night before you report for a trip. To many pilots push the limits. This guy just happen to get caught. He deserves what he gets. I would not want my friends and family flying on an airplane with this guy if he can't control his urges for the alcohol.
I would say. That a good idea. Would be to put up a special hotel. Just for pilots. Who are happen to overnight. The hotel would be secured. So only food. Or water to be admitted. A shower. And a community restroom would be good if the pilot happen to need those. Maybe even if there was a need for entertainment. There could be a lounge with television. And wake up calls.

Latest resources

Back