• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Enters PHL-BOS market...fares 1/10th of US Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never applied, you see there were these really big major airlines hiring in the nineties that paid better, had better work rules, a pension.

Ahh, the glorious 90's. Unfortunately, those times are in the past, though some would like to believe they are not. Many have left their "really big major airline" job to join the SW team, so I guess its not all that great to be amajor airline pilot over an LCC anymore.

BTW- dont work for SWA, though I wish i did. Havent gotten a interview shot yet.

That's funny....I never applied,

And I never applied to Deltas. Judging by the intellect pool who represent Deltas here, my perception of that operation was right. By far the weirdest group of pilots on the planet, you guys sure help support that theory here. Hey, just a heads up ,I'm going to start another Southwest thread next week. Make sure you set aside some time to log in. :laugh:

Sorry- there were some iffy years this decade but I'd say Delta's the 2nd best people flying job in the country- and 1st if you need the bigger planes and Int'l. They are probably the most racist pilots, Delta-(not all, settle down!)(but a lot) but the wierdest will always go to Continental for a while til the scabs can start retiring off the books. I'd imagine a good portion of your pilot group getting feces in their flight bag for decades on end could make for a weird culture.

Ahh, the glorious 90's. Unfortunately, those times are in the past, though some would like to believe they are not. Many have left their "really big major airline" job to join the SW team, so I guess its not all that great to be amajor airline pilot over an LCC anymore.

BTW- dont work for SWA, though I wish i did. Havent gotten a interview shot yet.

Ever wonder what they'll say about the glourious 2000's and the awsome southwest?
Too bad I forked out all that money to pft just to get furloughed and get shrunk into oblivion. Seems we expanded too fast, and have no international feed!
People in glass houses.............
Oh yeah, that's right you don't work for southwest. How's that Hawker captain job?

Easy Fix! US Airways Buys 40 Dash 8 Q400's and sells tickets at 50.00 a pop!

SWA has well paid, well treated employee's! That equals motivated workers that take pride in there jobs!
I remember flying our BWI-RDU run and watchin' us take-off just before the SWA Flight to RDU.... Once we landed at RDU we seemed to always touch down behind them.
But the kicker was to watch them turn a FULL 737 just as fast as we turned our 50 Seat Dash 8. And believe me a Dash is probably the easiest plane to turn around.
But that just show what motivated and happy employess can do for an airline!

Ever wonder what they'll say about the glourious 2000's and the awsome southwest?
Too bad I forked out all that money to pft just to get furloughed and get shrunk into oblivion. Seems we expanded too fast, and have no international feed!
People in glass houses.............
Oh yeah, that's right you don't work for southwest. How's that Hawker captain job?

Another bitter post by a bitter little man. :)

Your life must really suck......

And I never applied to Deltas. Judging by the intellect pool who represent Deltas here, my perception of that operation was right. By far the weirdest group of pilots on the planet, you guys sure help support that theory here. Hey, just a heads up ,I'm going to start another Southwest thread next week. Make sure you set aside some time to log in. :laugh:

First, It's Delta...
Second, you measure a WHOLE pilot group by a FI forum? Stupid!
Third, Weirdest Pilot Group? Is that a scientific poll?
Fourth, Please count me in for an SWA thread, I don't want to miss a new city announcement here in the US or something important like that...

Seriously, get over yourself...

Latest resources

Back