• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's debate the civil war!!!
Hahaha

If that makes me a moron, I'm that then
;););)

Did the press release say anything about adding NS flights out of ATL to somewhere one would actually want to go outside of the SE?

I've been on more Delta and Psuedo Delta flights in 2013 because you can't get anywhere w/o a #*&%$#@ layover on SWA. I couldn't even get into Love Field w/o layover so I took a Psuedo Delta flight. How is ATL to LAX not a NS flight?

The funny part is SWA is the same price as DAL economy out of ATL on many flights.

I miss you Trannies, I really do. You had a helluva product and Business class. :(

ATL-LAX is a nonstop flight on SWA. So is San Diego.

Just like ATL-SFO, ATL-BOS and direct to San Juan.

Yeah, maybe one or two flights to each, down from 3 or 4 before the merger.... Thanks guys! :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, maybe one or two flights to each, down from 3 or 4 before the merger.... Thanks guys! :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

If pilots were in charge of the schedule the frequency and destinations would be based on;

1. Where you commute from.
2. Is it a good overnight.
3. Can we make it a better over night by laying over more or less crews.

13% ROIC. Too bad we didn't hit the 15% trigger. I'm guessing that's when the balloons and confetti fall from the ceiling and we all start singing happy days are here again. Because you can't do anything at 13% compared to 15%. Thank god it wasn't 14.5. I wouldn't be surprised if the real ROIC is above 15%.
He only needed to clear another $117M to make 15%, he could have delayed TWO jets until 1 Jan 2014 and made it.

15% is a mythical unicorn this manager uses to deflect the reality he is going to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

ATL-LAX is a nonstop flight on SWA. So is San Diego.

So is ATL-TPA, and ATL-MCO. Big billboard on I85 next to Turner field announcing these 2 new nonstops.. I didn't know there was anyplace you could stop.

So is ATL-TPA, and ATL-MCO. Big billboard on I85 next to Turner field announcing these 2 new nonstops.. I didn't know there was anyplace you could stop.

WN could figure out a way to get 2 or 3 stops between ATL and MCO or TPA, not necessarily on the way, and still call it a through flight. So, in essence, it is a big deal :) .

He only needed to clear another $117M to make 15%, he could have delayed TWO jets until 1 Jan 2014 and made it.

15% is a mythical unicorn this manager uses to deflect the reality he is going to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

Growth would really help on alot of fronts. You make a great point by showing how inconsequential 15 ROIC really is as a metric. I would think a range would be more realistic 10-20, 12-17, but what do I know.

He could actually rally the troops very easily by improving the product for the passengers (not the bottom line). Case in point; you add six seats but don't adopt the -800 style overhead bins to accommodate more carry on bags. You give wheel chair access folks more free priveledges than your business select pax (they have been very vocal). You understaff the ground operation. Which ultimately leads to worst industry on time performance. In addition to scheduling a hub and spoke system with point to point turn times. All of these things hurt the brand, but they are more worried about what I post on Facebook.

Screw it. Don't grow the airline Gary. But at least fix the one you have now. Spend some money wisely that keeps the experience a positive one.

Latest resources

Back