• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After all you've seen in your short time here, You really believe at 15.000% he will magically open some floodgate of aircraft buying and new route structures?

He controls every aspect of ROIC, and plays the pipes the way he wants them played. No 15% ROIC for you, or anyone, until after contracts with employees are signed and stored away.

Turn up your sarcasm detector, you old fart! Yes, the 15% ROIC is a ruse. Like the airline isn't going to grow once it finally has the international piece worked out. Anyway, I feel better already. I just read VdV'd letter to the troops. Way to own it. That decision to buy a large screen TV to let them "see" the problem is genius!

You are a MORON. It had nothing to do with slavery.

Actually, it had EVERYTHING to do with slavery. That was the crux of the "state's rights" argument; that was the issue loudly trumpeted in many southern state legislatures, etc. But likely the moderator would say this is not aviation related, so time to move on! :)

It took three years for Southwest profits to rebound after acquiring Morris in '94...and that was a FAR smaller acquisition than Air Tran. I dare say Southwest will rebound nicely. It certainly seems the market thinks so, as their stock is up sharply.

So read between the lines- he doesn't want to hit 15% yet, bc we aren't ready initiative wise to do the growth he's promised-
2015 man

Ahhhhh, promises. Were his lips moving? "Promises" of growth once management friendly contracts are penned. No earlier.

Latest resources

Back