• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mean to get into yall's bitch fest, but I have flown with 3 former AT captains. two were junior one was very senior (initially ValueJ). All 3 have told me their making more now than ever. The very senior guy said he was making more but only by a little. I realize this is a small cross section of pilots, but so far 100 percent say their pay has increased. Take it for what its worth. Hi Y'all.

She has nice hair, don't ya think?

I don't mean to get into yall's bitch fest, but I have flown with 3 former AT captains. two were junior one was very senior (initially ValueJ). All 3 have told me their making more now than ever. The very senior guy said he was making more but only by a little. I realize this is a small cross section of pilots, but so far 100 percent say their pay has increased. Take it for what its worth. Hi Y'all.

She has nice hair, don't ya think?

Not only has their pay increased but did you ask them about QOL now that they are bidding in the top 1%. Did you ask if they are still commuting or are they now living in domicile thanks to the 7 additional bases that SW brought to the table? Did they say what they would do with the additional pay increase they would make once 1Jan15 comes around?

P.S. Don't tell TY this it might make his head explode or even worse bring him back from the planet he was living on.

They only wanted...

1. Keep their realitive seniority.

2. Keep their seat.

3. Doulbe their pay and get a better overall contract, immediately.

4. Maintain their ATL base with fences.

Number 1 was unrealistic from the beginning, but the rest was in the first agreement.

They only wanted...

2. Keep their seat.

Number 1 was unrealistic from the beginning, but the rest was in the first agreement.

What a doosh, why do you guys insist on promoting these fallacies?

Arbitration would have resulted in a lot closer to relative.

Captains could have lost seats under SLI1 and definitely would have after the bait and switch of the 71 deal.

If I'd had known my pay was going to double (making more than 400 k starting 4-1-12), I might have considers SLI1, but probably still not as pay rates and contracts change and seniority is forevere.

With the 71's going away, the ATL base wouldn't look much different than it does now or will after the WN base opens. BTW, there was supposed to be a TPA base as well, I hope nobody relied on that either.

Arbitration would have resulted in a lot closer to relative.

Voting NO would have resulted in a lot closer to arbitration also. If you had the balls to go on strike, you had the balls to vote no and shoot down #2. Seems like you were more willing to lose the AirTran job via a strike, then the Southwest job via a perceived threat. Either put up or shut up, the votes closed so move on.

Voting NO would have resulted in a lot closer to arbitration also. If you had the balls to go on strike, you had the balls to vote no and shoot down #2. Seems like you were more willing to lose the AirTran job via a strike, then the Southwest job via a perceived threat. Either put up or shut up, the votes closed so move on.

I did vote no, I did put up, thank you very much.

I'm trying to move on, but blatant falsehoods have to be dispelled. I do alright until I hear some LUV pilot tell me how lucky I am, how I'll make 50% or even as Red put it 100% more money, or any other litany of crap that the aviation community reads from you guys here or what I personally see and hear on the line.

They only wanted...

2. Keep their seat.

Nice spelling there Einstein...

Double pay?! I am an AT FO and my pay increase will be nowhere near that large. It will probably be 40% or so. Please stop posting SWAPA propaganda.

Phred

It will probably be 40% or so.

UNBELIEVABLE!

What is so unbelievable about it? I was countering the statement by redflyer that my pay would double. His statement is simply untrue but some of you guys have a hard time with facts since it usually conflicts with SWAPA propaganda.

Read into it what you want or go ask SC what you should think...

Phred

It will probably be 40% or so.

UNBELIEVABLE!

I will not see this kind of increase. He must be on reserve at AAI or a line holder that does not fly much.

I made over 120k last year as a junior FO line holder at AAI. I am looking at a 10-15% raise on reserve at SWA and a complete life style change for the worst. Worse commute. Less time home. I will probably see a worsening life style change here at AAI too and a pay cut due to 71s going away, so it will be a few years before the pay increase makes up for that. I will probably make less this year.

Maybe not though. You never know. And hey this is the business we are in. Never a dull moment.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back