• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, here is my question. I am a junior lineholding F/O at AT. I will be transitioning about this time next year. I have resigned myself to the fact I will need to be based in LAS, PHX or OAK. That is if I want a good quality of life (not on reserve). Not a problem since I choose to view it as another of life's adventures. My questions for planning purposes are: 1. When during training do you find out what your base will be? 2. Do we receive any moving expense $$? 3. How long are you given after training is complete to facilitate moving to your new base?

Thanks for your assistance.

Forrest Gump revisited.

Salesman. " it was a (SLI) bullet that bit you wasn't it?"
Forrest. " Yes sir. Right in the buttocks. SWAPA said that was a million dollar wound, but Gary Kelly must have kept that money cause I ain't seen a nickel of it"

But, AT brought 737s to the SWA merger, and not giving Capt slots (at least some Capt slots) was not fair IMO, and I'm guessing many AT pilots feel the same way.

Just keeping it real: The first agreement had retention slots for ALL AT CPs. Under the second agreement, FAT CPs with enough global seniority can bid Left seat after 01JAN2015. That means that all post 01JAN2015 upgrades at SWA for a couple years at least will be FAT CPs (who did a touch and go as SWA FO).

Last edited:
When all you can do is attack the messenger then we all know your argument is very weak.

I guess when you can't back up your wild accusations of forced commutes and all of them taking pay cuts just call me stupid and say that my head is in the sand.

I can see just about all those Captains that come over as senior FOs and when I look on their boards it does not look like they are suffering one bit. With the increase in relative seniority and bidding power. These poor captains will still be within a couple percent of pay where they were before they left AAI. Then in 18 months they will get a huge pay raise and over their career will make a lot more than they could have with AAI. When you find no sense in that then we all ask you please don't continue posting because the adults are talking now.

You seem to have a comprehension problem. Re-read what I wrote, because you certainly didn't understand it, either because you were too angry, or too drunk, or too drunk AND too angry. Either way, it sucks to be you. :laugh:

Last edited:
It does appear the angry air tran crowd tends to get a lot quieter when faced with reality.

Well, I suppose that's one way to look at it. :rolleyes:

90% of the people that used to participate in these threads are gone. Not because you've won them over, but because they've gown tired of reading the same b.s.

Last edited:
You seem to have a comprehension problem. Re-read what I wrote, because you certainly didn't understand it, either because you were too angry, or too drunk, or too drunk AND too angry. Either way, it sucks to be you. :laugh:

My comprehension is just fine and it seems like your argument much like you is clueless, weak and flawed when all you do is attack the messenger and not the message.

Anyway didn't you say you had said your piece and were done? I guess another falsehood. Now let the adults get back to talking.

Well, I suppose that's one way to look at it. :rolleyes:

90% of the people that used to participate in these threads are gone. Not because you've won them over, but because they've gown tired of reading the same b.s.

Its called the rope- a- dope ,Ty, Muhammad Ali was famous for it :)

Latest resources

Back